Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013 | 06:06 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Default Interior Question

As you know I'm looking for a TT, and I found a nice Zenith blue car, that I like. However it has a very expensive factory wood package option in the interior that I hate!! This covers all the dash face, door panels, shifter, hand brake, and steering wheel. The question is how hard is this stuff to remove and replace? Also the steering wheel is blue, and I believe the wood is integral to the wheel, and not just a covering, so matching the blue may be tough. Any thoughts or opnions??
Old 06-05-2013 | 07:32 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

hasn't that car been discussed here?
Old 06-05-2013 | 07:49 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Parnelli
hasn't that car been discussed here?
The Zennith

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...ver-sells.html

Not to be confused with The Cobalt

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...-carolina.html
Old 06-05-2013 | 07:54 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xpensivewino
As you know I'm looking for a TT, and I found a nice Zenith blue car, that I like. However it has a very expensive factory wood package option in the interior that I hate!! This covers all the dash face, door panels, shifter, hand brake, and steering wheel. The question is how hard is this stuff to remove and replace? Also the steering wheel is blue, and I believe the wood is integral to the wheel, and not just a covering, so matching the blue may be tough. Any thoughts or opnions??
There was an ad in Panorama that was consistently posted for at least 3 years straight, month to month, for a complete 993 black interior for around $5000, unless you're doing the swap yourself vs Porsche shop hour of $199, add the costs of the swap to the cost of the car...
Old 06-05-2013 | 08:12 PM
Knight
Drifting

Steering wheel, shifter, hand brake etc you could replace without incurring huge costs, assuming you found them used on Rennlist etc.

General dash face and door panels would be your biggest challenges, mind you if you ripped them off without being too concerned about damaging beneath and and replace with maybe carbon fiber. However the CF can get pretty pricey!

Overall still better than having to say replace the entire interior such as seats, carpets etc.
Old 06-06-2013 | 11:22 AM
xpensivewino
Pro

Thanks for the advice, always good stuff here. As much as the exterior color is pleasing, I think I need to pass. Changing everything away from the COA is not good for investment reasons.

Quick Reply: Interior Question