Why this car never sells ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Why this car never sells ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...item230a84b94a

Looks fine to me, price is Ok, too, but the guy has been trying to sell it for more than 1 year now...
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 PM
TTKan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 964C4

Looks fine to me, price is Ok, too, but the guy has been trying to sell it for more than 1 year now...
This car has been discussed previously on this forum. It may have more to do with the attitude of the person selling the car than the car itself.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

TTKan is correct and dead-on. The seller, Alex Wald is a total tool and ***. For example, let me share a little snippet with you from Mr. Wald, this is a direct cut & paste from an old e-mail sent by him:

"But let me lay out the facts to you. First, no dealer in the U.S. defends himself on rennlist. We don't engage you people. Second, we all do business with one another. We LAUGH behind your backs. I know every dealer personally that is discussed on Rennlist that sells Porsches. We think you guys are a bunch of premadonna idiots. You all think you know something about porsches you know close to nothing. Everything on that board is pure speculation. Not a word of what is written about me is true. Again, it's all a bunch of idiots speculating without finding out for themselves. You are all a bunch of spoiled brats who think your car is so perfect and worth the moon and all our cars are **** and worth nothing. But guess what. Most of your idiot cars came from us. And when some dumb**** thinks they are buying from a dealer they know and trust, they are really coming from me ( I wholesale those car to those same dealers)."

Interesting, isn't it? And this car has been for sale for over 2 years. IIRC his first asking price was mid $80's. Now he's into the mid $60's.

Proceed with caution.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

964C4, here is a good read for you:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...th-degree.html
Old 10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
TTKan is correct and dead-on. The seller, Alex Wald is a total tool and ***. For example, let me share a little snippet with you from Mr. Wald, this is a direct cut & paste from an old e-mail sent by him:

"But let me lay out the facts to you. First, no dealer in the U.S. defends himself on rennlist. We don't engage you people. Second, we all do business with one another. We LAUGH behind your backs. I know every dealer personally that is discussed on Rennlist that sells Porsches. We think you guys are a bunch of premadonna idiots. You all think you know something about porsches you know close to nothing. Everything on that board is pure speculation. Not a word of what is written about me is true. Again, it's all a bunch of idiots speculating without finding out for themselves. You are all a bunch of spoiled brats who think your car is so perfect and worth the moon and all our cars are **** and worth nothing. But guess what. Most of your idiot cars came from us. And when some dumb**** thinks they are buying from a dealer they know and trust, they are really coming from me ( I wholesale those car to those same dealers)."

Interesting, isn't it? And this car has been for sale for over 2 years. IIRC his first asking price was mid $80's. Now he's into the mid $60's.

Proceed with caution.

That's funny. Doesn't he advertise in the Rennlist Classifieds?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,381 Likes on 800 Posts

That car has been for sale for easily 2 years, if not more.

that guy is a jackass.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by 964C4

if the seller is alex in malibu, the car has been for sale for at least 3 years.

Craig
Old 10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 569 Posts

TTKan is correct and dead-on. The seller, Alex Wald is a total tool and ***.

Proceed with caution.
Originally Posted by cgfen
if the seller is alex in malibu, the car has been for sale for at least 3 years.

Craig
LOL
i guess the seller IS Alex.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:33 PM
TTKan
Pro

Actually, being referred to as a "prima donna idiot" is one of the nicer things people have said about me and my friends. Thanks Alex!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,622 Likes on 2,308 Posts

wow, what an attitude. i thought i was the only ahole on earth.
while many dealers buy from whole sellers, not all of use buy from dealers. of course, everyone is different. i personally either buy new or buy from someone i know personally for years. no exception.

well, with his attitude, the car will be there for a while.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:12 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by beers4all
That's funny. Doesn't he advertise in the Rennlist Classifieds?
Yes, he has advertised in our Classifieds. I have also seen him advertise in Pano.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, incredible !

And for posts like this, I love Rennlist and its members !
Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 155 Posts

While rude unnecessarily and I am not condoning his response, some of his comments made about (most) dealers is spot on..they do think their stuff is worth the moon and your (trade in) is worth scrap metal..we have all been insulted and pissed off by dealers at one point in time or another.
Yasin
Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

"tool & ***" Outstanding !
Old 10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

This guy has been banned from Pelican for listing cars he doesn't have, only to return under a different username. In addition to his hostile attitude towards potential buyers, he is known to advertise cars he doesn’t have in his inventory. He lists cars that others are selling in hope that he can act as an uninvited middle man and make a buck in the process. He has been called out by sellers that have seen their cars in his listings and notified the boards that he isn’t the actual owner. One of his claims is that he knows more about & has sold more porches than anyone in Southern California. If this is the case, it’s strange that most of his listings seem to be several years old.

Quick Reply: Why this car never sells ?