Sponsored by:

Center lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 AM
dombeau
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center lock

I searched for answers but cannot find any... Help needed! The center lock button doesn't work at all. If I want to get in the car (both sides) I have to use the key...
(yes I finally bought a 993tt but there are some minor... I hope... things to repair)

The car also starts without the fob pushing button thing... sometimes the red light is flashing (fob light in the clock), sometimes it doesn't...

anybody had this problem before?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

nice colour combo!
can't help you but if you search in the 993 NA forum there's many threads on lock problems... seem to recall something about a fuse in the central locking/drive block unit under the passenger seat, problems with the door close sensor/switch in the door etc.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dombeau
I searched for answers but cannot find any... Help needed! The center lock button doesn't work at all. If I want to get in the car (both sides) I have to use the key...
(yes I finally bought a 993tt but there are some minor... I hope... things to repair)

The car also starts without the fob pushing button thing... sometimes the red light is flashing (fob light in the clock), sometimes it doesn't...

Welcome aboard

Check connections and fuses first, then remote battery

There's a thread here about remote programming

Then as Basal suggested

993tt are generaly reliable

BTW, post pics or be banned...

Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 PM
dombeau
Instructor

thanks! I will post pics as soon as I get her clean! On the first ride home, it was pouring cats and dogs! I also realized that the driveway is to steep and the car too low. For now, she is sleeping in the neighbor's driveway! It's like going to the store the day of the superbowl, buy the biggest lcd screen for tonight game and realize it doesn't fit in the trunk! **** happens! I will just buy a new house (or maybe new coils!)
Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
si2t3m
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Another local 993 owner, hope we get to meet!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:44 PM
dombeau
Instructor

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
nice colour combo!
can't help you but if you search in the 993 NA forum there's many threads on lock problems... seem to recall something about a fuse in the central locking/drive block unit under the passenger seat, problems with the door close sensor/switch in the door etc.
Decided to tackle the door lock problem… Very easy. Found out that the fused was missing, just like you said Basal Skull. Just put a new one (30a for now). Does anybody know what fused should go there?

thanks again
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dombeau

Congrats on your TT!

Each time you unlock and start the car, how long are you waiting?

Typically I can't remember exact but there is a certain time interval (45 secs) that allows you to disarm/unlock and start the car without pushing the fob.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Steep driveways are a minor pain in the neck... most can be conquered by driving diagonally and carefully. Give yourself room for the greatest possible angle. This tends to annoy oncoming traffic, so be careful. And Congrats!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I tried to look it up, I can see the fuse in the wiring diagram but it does not list the amp. If I had to guess looking at the other fuses, I'd use a 7.5a. Worst case scenario, it blows and you need to use a 15a...
Wonder why someone would remove that fuse? I suppose it could have blown and they didn't get around to replacing it. Did it look like the alarm unit was removed previously? It is working normally now?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:08 PM
dombeau
Instructor

The guy on the 993 forum said it was a 15amp. https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...t-working.html Should I start with 7.5amp just to be sure?

It looks like the previous owner was pissed with the alarm system/fob because they just took the fuse out… I don't know if it has something to do with the immobilizer… Here it is still terrible outside. I will fire it up in a month when the salt is gone!

For now, it locks after a couple of push on the fob (you can hear a shy locking noise, light flash, horn honk and it finaly locks) It unlock on the first push. Center console lock works fine.

thanks

Quick Reply: Center lock