New member/owner of 993 TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 PM
luizinholeao
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiegoR
Hola Luis!

Thanks. I'm from Peru. Is your 993 a TT or what model it is?

Believe it or not this is the only 993 TT in my country, only two were oficially imported at the time but the other wa sold to Spain among with a Lotus Caterham Super Seven when the ship arrived to the shore while unloading the container/cars, they felt and sank in the sea...not sure if they recovered or what. Then there are 2-3 more 993's but are C2 and one RS (very collectable).

Best,

-Diego
Diego,
2 Pics of my car, there are 12 oficially imported TT´s here, plus another dozen that came from USA.
Saludos!
Luiz Leao
Curitiba - Brasil
Attached Images   
Old 06-01-2013, 02:17 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Hermoso Luis! Guess yours is a oficial import 993TT and not USA specs.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

Diego. Congrats on car. You need to get Adrian Streather's 993 Essential Companion and read it with a hi-liter pen in hand.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have the non-updated alternator pulley, with the updated one the spacer is machined as a part of the pulley half.
As an observation, your pulleys have a lot of what appears to be melted rubber debris attached to them, this will increase the wear rate of your new belts unless it is removed.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Diego. Congrats on car. You need to get Adrian Streather's 993 Essential Companion and read it with a hi-liter pen in hand.
Thanks! I will look into that book!

Originally Posted by Dick in TN
You have the non-updated alternator pulley, with the updated one the spacer is machined as a part of the pulley half.
As an observation, your pulleys have a lot of what appears to be melted rubber debris attached to them, this will increase the wear rate of your new belts unless it is removed.

Thanks Dick! This is what I needed to know. I will clean it before install new belts. I will order the updated pulley kit though.

Off topic but, what's the grey color name/code of your 993tt? Seems to be a clone of mine. I still trying to figure out which color name/code is mine.

CLICK HERE
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're welcome Diego! BTW I have the updated alternator pulley. It is more robust than the stock pulley, but my experience with it is mixed. With the new belt that Porsche specifies after about 3000 miles I was not able to get the tension specified; even with no spacers I was under tensioned. To fix this I machined 5mm from each pulley half, now I have 20kg tension (cold) with one spacer between the pulley halves.

My interior is also Classic Grey but the mid dash in my car is black, also the area where the instruments are is also black, both these are grey on your car. You probably thought I was colorblind from my earlier post replying to the question you had about the steering wheel spacer. I'm thinking your car was special ordered with grey leather in these areas.

If you wish you can PM me with an email address and I'll send you a pdf file on the Tech Service bulletin for the pulley upgrade, plus the specs on belt tension.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Done

Here are two pics I got...

Quick Reply: New member/owner of 993 TT