Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mike J's 8th Annual pcarworkshop BBQ and Polish-Your-Top-Party - August 10th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Mike J's 8th Annual pcarworkshop BBQ and Polish-Your-Top-Party - August 10th, 2013

I would like to host Mike J's 8th annual shop day this year on Saturday, August 10, 2013.

I have had a lot of positive response on the idea of a detailing DIY session combined with a shop day, so I am going with that this year. This year will be a "polish your top" detailing workshop and shop day (now that your bottoms are clean from last year...).

I am playing with a few ideas on the theme, one is having a donor car and a judged competition on polishing and detailing. I will work out more details as we get closer to the event, but if someone wants their car be the focus of the detailing (preferably a car that really needs it), shoot me a PM and we can talk.

I will have a washing station setup, so if anyone wants to run through the whole process (wash, clay, polish, wax...) it should be possible. I am sure there will be lots of hands that will want to help.

In the background, the shop/lift/tools will be open as usual, although I will be assisting a bit less on the mechanics this year since I am interested in the detailing stuff as well. First come-first served as usual.

Schedule:
9:00 - The shop is open for mechanical work.

10:00 - Detailing workshop starts

11:30 on - The BBQ will be fired up for lunch depending on the appetites etc (maybe earlier!!)

5:00 - wrap-up

Directions: Click here for a map to 5691 Bessborough Drive Burnaby, British Columbia

Hopefully the weather will be great! Even if it's raining the shop is large enough to have at least two-three cars undercover.

It would be great if those coming would either post or PM me so I have an idea on how much supplies/food we will be needing...

This is a Porsche event, not a 993 only event, and all the models are welcome of course.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
kevin5889
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the invite, I'll be there.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:21 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Count me in! Thanks Mike.

Quick Reply: Mike J's 8th Annual pcarworkshop BBQ and Polish-Your-Top-Party - August 10th, 2013