Sponsored by:

Ruf bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Don't the exhaust tips need to be longer for a RUF rear bumper?
Only if you don't want to melt the bumper
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm with Shhzzammm (however you spell that!): Your car looks fabulous just the way it is. Leave it!

As far as resale prices go, I wouldn't be surprised to see $4000 to $5000 for both genuine Ruf bumpers. If knockoffs, it depends upon the quality... but $2000 to $3000 for the pair seems in the ball park.

And yes the Ruf bumpers are a bit "deeper" than stock, and the tail pipes need to be about 3/4" or so longer. How do your tips look now? A bit short for the Ruf bumper? Then they should be fine for the stock rear bumper, if that's the road you choose. But don't.

And yes, the Ruf 19" wheels are VERY heavy. My numb butt can't tell the difference for street driving. The Ruf 19" rear wheels come in two widths... 10" and 11". All need a spacer on the rear, which has never been a problem for me, especially since the spacer is marked as "Ruf", so the tire guys know they are right. My tires are 255x30x19 and 315x25x19 (I have the 11" rear), which are a great match to each other, look perfect, and allow you to enjoy every possible imperfection in the road surface. I think "enjoy" is the correct word choice... not sure.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree, I don't think I'd mess with the car at all, it looks great...if your planning to put RUF wheels on why take off the bumpers?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 PM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on leaving the Ruf bumpers on if you are buying Ruf wheels. How about buying the Ruf wheels first and see how the car looks with wheels + bumpers?

If you decide to sell, I second Steve's pricing of $4k - $5k for genuine used Ruf bumpers in good shape (they do require an exhaust extension which comes as part of the kit if you buy the rear bumper new from Ruf). I know of a used set that went for more than $5k (local sale - right color for the buyer).

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On third thought.....Actually (he says with squinty eyes) Don't let us talk you out of your original intent.

I now agree with you....you should indeed toss those bumpers to the trash!

And since i am the devout altruist I will also go so far as to do you a favor and simply take that rubbish off your hands personally.
Yes I'll just drive over right now (halfway across the country) and swap em out for you. Your welcome!

.....................please?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 PM
jcoles
Instructor

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was told the bumpers are real and have the ID numbers etc. I will confirm when I get it home. I will leave the car as it is for now and get the wheels and then go from there. Any suggestions of any good wheel shops in LA? I only know of Wheel Enhancement.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:06 PM
fat cab
Pro

I dont even own a 993tt and i want the bumpers!! if the first 8 guy's backout hit me up..thanks

Quick Reply: Ruf bumpers