Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SELLING MY BLK/BLK 1996 993TT

Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM
driveitlikeyoustoleit
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELLING MY BLK/BLK 1996 993TT

finally decided to post anon here and and sell. i want a cayenne and garage space prevents me from having both cars. i think i have priced the car fairly given the amount of work that has been done to it. i am not desperate to sell but ready to move onto a more practical porsche better suited to my current lifestyle. i will miss the 993TT. see link below for listing. i have tons more pics, carfax and maintenance records for interested parties.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-for-sale.html
Attached Images      

Last edited by driveitlikeyoustoleit; 02-22-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice looking example and very reasonably priced. This shouldn't last too long. Which will be too bad for the seller. A Cayenne? Lordy.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 PM
O.B.1
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car and good price! Glws
Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I test drove this car back in 2009 when I was loooking at TT's. This is a very nice car.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 AM
db993tt
Track Day

Still for sale?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by db993tt
Still for sale?
Seems so...
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-for-sale.html
Old 03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

I think there's a reason it's not selling. It's a nice car, and no disrespect to the seller, but he's priced it very strong.

I've been casually looking at perhaps purchasing a 993TT, and $64K for a 60K mile example with an accident history is not competitively priced.

As a comparison, another Rennlister has a black 1996 993TT for sale for about the same price with about 20K less miles and no accident history. That alone makes it hard to look at this car at $64K.

Good luck with the sale
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

goofballdeluxe-

Would u please post a link to the car with 20K less miles selling for the same price.....we need to make sure we are comparing apples with apples (not lemons ).
Old 03-09-2013, 12:14 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
goofballdeluxe-

Would u please post a link to the car with 20K less miles selling for the same price.....we need to make sure we are comparing apples with apples (not lemons ).
Sure. Still for sale. Or at least it was recently when I PM'ed him about it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...ack-black.html

And, my sincere apologies; I know I said "about" 20K less miles, but it's only 14K miles less, now that I looked at the ad again.

But this car has had no accidents, according to the seller and "about" the same asking price, or, to look it another way, a few grand more asking price gets you 14K less miles and no accident, all other things being equal of course. Is the few grand more on a $65K car purchase worth 14K less miles and no wrecks? That, is up to the buyer. I know what I'd do.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:12 PM
driveitlikeyoustoleit
Instructor

all valid points made by goofball, however it is important to dig deeper into a cars history before ascertaining value....

my car has extensive service history including new OEM turbos and new OEM clutch to name a few highlights. if the buyer of the other car has to address these or any other major issues i have already tackled be sure to put away another 10-20k in cash reserves.

my car is located in chicago which eliminates importation cost and red tape of dealing with a car out of country.

i feel like my car has not sold because of the accident history....i have full documentation of the accident which happened 6 years ago and has not presented problems in all my years of ownership. it was a fender bender. as time goes on the accident will still be there but most likely less significant. i also feel like the car hasn't sold yet as we are still haven't hit prime selling season yet as there is snow on the ground in many areas still. its going to be 50 degrees in chicago today so i will take the car out and give it the exercise it needs.

regarding price i have turned down several offers of 60k leading me to believe i am not that far off the market. of course i have some wiggle room as most sellers do. a few have asked why i haven't accepted 60k....all the work is done in my car. i am happy to keep driving it and sell it down the road....car needs nothing so i feel like i have a cheap option moving forward.

people think there is something wrong with the car because i have decided to sell....simply not the case. i need a better suited car to my lifestyle at this point (SUV) and lack the space to keep 3 cars. i love the car and had i not moved to downtown chicago where extra parking spaces in my area cost 30k or more i would keep the car forever.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by driveitlikeyoustoleit
all valid points made by goofball, however it is important to dig deeper into a cars history before ascertaining value....

my car has extensive service history including new OEM turbos and new OEM clutch to name a few highlights. if the buyer of the other car has to address these or any other major issues i have already tackled be sure to put away another 10-20k in cash reserves.

my car is located in chicago which eliminates importation cost and red tape of dealing with a car out of country.

i feel like my car has not sold because of the accident history....i have full documentation of the accident which happened 6 years ago and has not presented problems in all my years of ownership. it was a fender bender. as time goes on the accident will still be there but most likely less significant. i also feel like the car hasn't sold yet as we are still haven't hit prime selling season yet as there is snow on the ground in many areas still. its going to be 50 degrees in chicago today so i will take the car out and give it the exercise it needs.

regarding price i have turned down several offers of 60k leading me to believe i am not that far off the market. of course i have some wiggle room as most sellers do. a few have asked why i haven't accepted 60k....all the work is done in my car. i am happy to keep driving it and sell it down the road....car needs nothing so i feel like i have a cheap option moving forward.

people think there is something wrong with the car because i have decided to sell....simply not the case. i need a better suited car to my lifestyle at this point (SUV) and lack the space to keep 3 cars. i love the car and had i not moved to downtown chicago where extra parking spaces in my area cost 30k or more i would keep the car forever.

Makes a lot of cents. GLWS.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Your asking price is def fair, like you stated new turbos, clutch etc, these items all add up.

Also original paint doesn't always mean mint condition paint too, something I've seen on many cars at this age.

glws.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knight
Your asking price is def fair, like you stated new turbos, clutch etc, these items all add up.

Also original paint doesn't always mean mint condition paint too, something I've seen on many cars at this age.

glws.
Even without the new items, this car is fairly priced.

These are great strong cars, a little paint here and there, or even a complete respray, realistically shouldn't have detrimental affect on pricing valuation. It's all about condition and provenance. Even this is subjective to each individual seller and buyer. And certainly, the pool of actual available cars isn't growing.

From all the for sale threads here on RL and various places online (eBay, autotrader, cars, etc), pricing valuation appears to run a wide gap between top and bottom and that's not throwing in values of other 993 variants. So what a particular car sells for is ultimately what a given buyer pays a given seller for it. There is no general rule of thumb on pricing valuation.

Seems people are just trying to buy a gem for the price of a dog...

Heck, I've been offered what this car is asking for on my 23k '96 turbo. Not based on condition of my car but because, as buyers explained, it's a bad economy out there. Well, I'm not selling because it's a bad economy out there (maybe I want a GT3 ). And if it's a bad economy out there, then please don't buy my car.

To OP, GLWS

Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 AM
driveitlikeyoustoleit
Instructor

thanks for the positive feedback guys. i have had several offers to trade my car plus cash. i am not opposed to this but really would prefer a cayenne.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:29 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Maybe you should change your screen-name?...

Oh come on, SOMEBODY had to say it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SELLING MY BLK/BLK 1996 993TT