Sponsored by:

Rennline Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts
Question Rennline Pedals

I think this is a bit of a no-brainer but thought I'd check with more knowledgable types. Tired of having to threshhold brake to get the brake and accelerator even for heel & toeing. Thought I'd get the silver Rennline 4 pedal set with red extensions and the accelerator pedal lifter bar. There is also a fully adjustable accelerator pedal for not much more coin. What do you think?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default rennline

I didn't have them for my 993 but had on a full pedal kit on my 997 and thought they made a great product....

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
I think this is a bit of a no-brainer but thought I'd check with more knowledgable types. Tired of having to threshhold brake to get the brake and accelerator even for heel & toeing. Thought I'd get the silver Rennline 4 pedal set with red extensions and the accelerator pedal lifter bar. There is also a fully adjustable accelerator pedal for not much more coin. What do you think?
Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Many choices between Rennline, Ultimate Pedals and SPF? Racing. Lots of discussions on this topic in the 993 forum.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

They look nice but if it's just the gas pedal height that's bothering you, you know you can adjust that right?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

I think the rennline pic above is too much. Looks like an aluminum extrusion factory or something.

I went with an ultimate pedals accelerator with wings and painted it black.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Don't have them but I tried them out before on another fellow rennlister's car, I'll admit it makes heel/toe like effortless. He mentioned the floorboard gets pretty scratched up if you have the regular floormats on top, basically from dirt etc being trapped there.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't get the deal with the wings on the gas pedal - i have zero issues with double clutching with throttle blipping etc with the stock setup. I have big feet though, and do it with an ankle roll, perhaps it helped with the training when I was a kid driving a 5 ton truck with no syncros at my dad's lumber mill (it had no brakes for a while too - another story.. ).

I can understand pads to increase grip so feet do not slip, and a pad to protect the carpet/trim for the dead pedal though.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
I have big feet though
Hey stop bragging!

I made my own aluminum 'wings' to fit to my pedal and elevated it a little using the adjustment in the linkage.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mike J
I don't get the deal with the wings on the gas pedal - i have zero issues with double clutching with throttle blipping etc with the stock setup. I have big feet though, and do it with an ankle roll, perhaps it helped with the training when I was a kid driving a 5 ton truck with no syncros at my dad's lumber mill (it had no brakes for a while too - another story.. ).

I can understand pads to increase grip so feet do not slip, and a pad to protect the carpet/trim for the dead pedal though.

Cheers,

Mike
Instead of heel/toe, i use the ball of my foot on the brakes, and the other side on the gas. This method is much easier with wings on the accelerator.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 392 Posts

yeah Ronnie, I like the rennline setup with the track mat but the pedal does adjust which will solve your issue.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Turbodan
yeah Ronnie, I like the rennline setup with the track mat but the pedal does adjust which will solve your issue.
Which accelerator pedal do you have Danny - the one with the lifter plate or the adjustable one that replaces the whole factory unit? Some of the threads referred to above indicate the latter will not fit under a Lloyd's carpet and I really don't want the track mat.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 PM
carmstrongls1
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna drive like a grandpa from now on. Seems like every time I get pulled over they don't bother with a ticket. They call a flatbed. I guess my RUF pedal set will have to do. Heel toes are looked down upon by Texas DPS officers. I tried to explain. They just didnt ever understand.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Thanks for the input guys. Just to give something back, here's what I've learned:
- Unlike Mike "Bigfoot" J, I have size 8's and these pedals will make H&T easier,
- I already "pinky" my Z so I want to H&T both cars the same way,
- it is possible to adjust stock brake and accelerator pedals but there are throttle cable and brake light issues I don't want to deal with particularly since Al pedals are quite inexpensive,
- all of the suggested pedals work well and are reasonably priced so I'll probably pick rennline's which I find the prettiest, and
- the adjustable rennline accelerator apparently will not work with carpets and I'm keeping my Lloyds 'cause this isn't a track car.....so I'l have to go with the "lifter plate option" unless I find out otherwise.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
- it is possible to adjust stock brake and accelerator pedals but there are throttle cable and brake light issues I don't want to deal with .
not really.

You adjust the threaded rod on the gas pedal, which really has no impact on the throttle cable (unless you put the pedal so far down that you never get to WOT, which is the opposite direction of what you want).

Brake light switch is adjustable very easily.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I have big feet though...

Cheers,

Mike[/QUOTE]

Well, they say everybody gets one big body part

I like this set up, and I do find it easier to heel/toe; I also had the Rennline aluminum floor board installed, but as the mechanic pointed out, it's heavier than the stock plywood floorboard, and all the perforations allow dirt/grit from one's shoes to fall through and and accumulate around the linkages, so I put my floor mats back in.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Rennline Pedals