Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF Rear Bumper Rubber Gasket/Molding question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RUF Rear Bumper Rubber Gasket/Molding question...

I was wondering if anyone knew the correct rear tail light surround rubber molding to use with the RUF rear bumper..... The stock 993 one is to thin and doesn't fill the new slighlty larger gap left with the RUF bumper. Thanks all....
Old 11-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

There is some rubber around the rear lights, but even stock, they don't fill up the space between the lights and opening. When I fitted my carbon fibre bumpers, to centre them, I just glued rubber material to the bottom of the lights in strategic places. There's a rubber seal that runs between the bumper and fender. For those (both front and back), they can be a pain to fit well (particularly the front). Some people including me, have done away with those and just use black silicone caulking - looks much better!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default thanks....

thanks... really caulking? Is there a certain kind and if removed does it come off in one piece or does it leave the area black with residue? Thanks again....

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
There is some rubber around the rear lights, but even stock, they don't fill up the space between the lights and opening. When I fitted my carbon fibre bumpers, to centre them, I just glued rubber material to the bottom of the lights in strategic places. There's a rubber seal that runs between the bumper and fender. For those (both front and back), they can be a pain to fit well (particularly the front). Some people including me, have done away with those and just use black silicone caulking - looks much better!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Looking at you pics in the other thread, you car looks great! don't think that there's much more room around the rear lights vs stock but a little hard to see in the Blackberry pics. I don't know if one particular kind of caulking is better than others. If you look at the attached pic of RWB (Rauh-Welt Begriff) car, the regular rubber seal that sticks out between the front bumper and fender is gone and he has silicone caulking (you can see it better if you enlarge the pic). Sorry don't have any good close ups of my car on the computer but I've included a crop.
Attached Images   
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

also check out some of the videos of these car's being put together and you can see Nakaisan using a caulking gun!

Quick Reply: RUF Rear Bumper Rubber Gasket/Molding question...