Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost Hoses.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM
JB993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Older post I know ,but has anyone fitted these hoses?
I recently did and the passenger side one does not fit well(sticks up to high and to lateral side of car/engine bay.The clamp sits a little lop sided due to this..will see how this goes.
Due to being thicker also a bear to get through the opening at the bottom to the turbine.
They seem to be of decent quality though.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you needed to trim the sheet metal back a bit to get proper clearance. Can you post pics? Did you buy the whole kit or just the 2 boost hoses?
Old 07-02-2013, 03:03 AM
owen meany
Instructor

I have this kit in my 3.8. I had my idle boost hose blow off at the track. Originally just had the 3 smaller hoses fitted then later on another job he did the two big ones. He designed them just a bit longer and MUCH better quality than stock. They are really nice and designed very thoughtfully. Rob has been working on these cars for a long time. His own high horsepower 993tt is his guinea pig as he hammers it around the track. He isn't the cheapest out there, that is for sure but the quality is there. I'm sorry but I don't have photos.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:15 PM
JB993
Instructor

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
I think you needed to trim the sheet metal back a bit to get proper clearance. Can you post pics? Did you buy the whole kit or just the 2 boost hoses?
No instructions with these..got it through the sheet metal on the driver`s side with some effort(fits fine.)No trimming done,would be nice if the seller could warn one ahead of time!
Passenger side is the issue,as the angle at the bottom where it passes through the sheet metal, is too acute and the hose too rigid.
Thought of using some form of lubricant, but worried that it will end up in my new UMW hybrid turbo!
Got the whole kit but likely will not use the diverter valve ones...

Will post some pics when I get back to working on the car this week.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a set on the car last month. Did need to flange the tin a bit more than the stock opening. I did not find that an issue. Could not be happier. They are not really more expensive than the stock ones when you consider the grief and cost of missing a couple of sessions at the track when having to stick it all back together when a stock hose comes off. I have never had luck with good fitment on the passenger side. These new hoses have the extra rigidity and length to stay in place, especially on that side.

I would not focus on the packaging fitment issues. There is so much **** packed under that deck on a turbo that every mm is used. A slightly thicker hose that is hard to fit is not an indictment of who made it as much as it is an example of how hard it was for Porsche to get everything in to the space available.

Rick
Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome input from "Owen meany" and " Essexmetal". I will eventually get these. Either the the boost hoses or the whole kit. Unfortunately I couldn't afford them when I needed new hoses (B4 last track day). I have a friend who is a parts man at a nearby dealer and I was able to get the stock Turbo S hoses for about a buck 50 a piece. For anyone that is fitting new hoses ( stock or otherwise) clean EVERYTHING of any film of anykind. Then use rubbing alcohol inside the mouth of the hose just prior to fitment/installation. This acts as a temporary lube on the silicone and then evaporates. After using this procedure I had no problems with the intercooler hoses. I blew of one of the diverter hoses (passenger side). Fixed that and then blew the IAC valve hose on the next session. Found that 16 year old rubber just won't stay clamped well no matter how hard you try. Found thick radiator hose that was the same diameter (but much thicker) that I made a IAC hose with. Have not had any "blow offs" since. I am sure Robs kit is more than worth the money once installed and will eleviate any concerns of blowing any hose in the middle of your track session. It's no fun pulling off the track and tearing everything apart to "try" and find out why you just left the track with what feels like about 50 HP. Then you get to hear the "that's why stock is better" comments from those who think there is such a thing as to much HP. What could they be thinking?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 AM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Add Content

Quick Reply: Boost Hoses.