993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice car!!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 AM
JB993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again thanks for all the good advice and comments on the car.

I am by far not the most knowledgeable re intercoolers as such,but I am just happy to be the owner of such an incredible P-car.

I spoke to my Indy today and he also stated that the only way to know is to the check the temps pre and post I/C and compare to stock....the conversation was actually re perhaps some Carillo rods,balanced and drilled crankshaft, etc. in the not too distant future!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JB993
Thanks ,Basal,
Are you going to make "production models" for sale to fellow R'listers of your I/C.
Sounds like your R&D has yielded some good results.
Naw, just tinkering for myself. Might do a version 2 that might fit better/improved end tanks/with slightly improved welding skills at some point. Some of the guys as you probably know have fitted 3 cores using a NA intake, but that would change the plumbing quite a bit. I have put in temp sensors pre and post intercooler that I'll log temperatures from when back to the track this year. I've done some other mods too so looking forward to seeing how things go at the track/at speed.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JB993
In life there are many ways to give advice,some more easily accepted than others, based on the the way the advice was given.
Hey, don't take it personally, you didn't buy the Frankenkuhler but you have posted some pics on the RL tech forum and I am commenting on the pic.

As Essexmetal points out it will still work with one side shorter than the other, it just looks wonky

Here is a pic of the CG cooler, appears to have one less row in the core than yours ?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM
JB993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Hey, don't take it personally, you didn't buy the Frankenkuhler but you have posted some pics on the RL tech forum and I am commenting on the pic.

As Essexmetal points out it will still work with one side shorter than the other, it just looks wonky

Here is a pic of the CG cooler, appears to have one less row in the core than yours ?
No sweat.
The good thing re the forums is that everyone IS entitled to comment,right?
I have always found forums a great place to gather information,assimilate it and apply it to my own situation.
Yes,it looks like the CG unit has less ribs to it...also is more symmetrical!
Sometimes modification is just that..not necessarily an improvement.

Quick Reply: 993 Turbo S Upgrade