Sponsored by:

Another Euro Tail Light Convert.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
Not quite sure what look you are trying to acheive but if you want your red/red rears to blink amber (like us Brits) then change the bulb to (or paint it) green. Red + Green = Orange
Well, at the moment, the look I am going for/currently have/currently enjoy is the red/amber units that I just installed. For whatever reason it just "works' for me.

However, I was surprised to hear that they made a look red/blink amber taillight. I didn't know that existed in the 993 world. I like amber blinkers because, IMHO, most driver's on the road are pretty "asleep at the wheel" and ANYTHING I can do to tell people around me what *I'm* going to do, the better. So, a red blinker that COULD be mistaken (at a glance) for a brake light is a negative, again IMHO.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I installed euro tails in my wife's S8 and I REALLY liked the look red/blink amber of them because here car was a dark red (Much like Arena Red) and the Amber color would have been somewhat off-putting. It was an orange lens inserted into the red taillight that did it though. Actually, here's some pictures of the ole' girl...

Old 04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and what's on the front? Did you do the Euro conversion there, too?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
and what's on the front? Did you do the Euro conversion there, too?
Yeah, the front has been done for a while.....

Quick Reply: Another Euro Tail Light Convert.....