RUF 993TT on Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
Im not on here throwing my 2 cents around on everybody elses posts..
Hey Allan, its a forum, people throw in their 2 cents in most forums its what they're for.

I admit my first post was a little feisty but your subsequent posts make me feel my tone was about right.

You post a video with "Ruf Turbo R" prominently displayed and then go on to say "it is still a Ruf" and you then tell us that you have mega hp Porsches.

You see the heritage and ethos of Ruf is such that he builds engines to emulate the reliability and philosophy of Porsche engines so for the 993 trubo the most power you will see from Ruf is about 580PS.

One of our esteemed RL members LAT has a Ruf 993 turbo which he had a specially built Ruf 580PS engine and he got to test it on the Autobahn and we discussed how he saw high intake temperatures at high speed (near 300kph)meaning his power was down to about 500 or so hp but still enough for his Ruf to do its thing at over 200mph.

So YOU want to have your cake and eat it, you want to wallow in the kudos (and probably value $$) of the Ruf brand but at the same time want to tell us of your mega high hp Porsches and then show us a video of a 993 purporting to have a Ruf engine which it clearly hasn't and to top it on a chassis dyno without cooling ....

You maybe need to realign yourself with other tuning "brands" for whom 600+hp claims are perfectly valid and useable for maybe 1/4 mile drag strips. The Ruf brand you aspire to does not make engines for the 993 turbo above 580PS but I guarantee you they will go faster flat out than your 6XXhp mega exploda motored 993
Old 04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Hey Allan, its a forum, people throw in their 2 cents in most forums its what they're for.

I admit my first post was a little feisty but your subsequent posts make me feel my tone was about right.

You post a video with "Ruf Turbo R" prominently displayed and then go on to say "it is still a Ruf" and you then tell us that you have mega hp Porsches.

You see the heritage and ethos of Ruf is such that he builds engines to emulate the reliability and philosophy of Porsche engines so for the 993 trubo the most power you will see from Ruf is about 580PS.

One of our esteemed RL members LAT has a Ruf 993 turbo which he had a specially built Ruf 580PS engine and he got to test it on the Autobahn and we discussed how he saw high intake temperatures at high speed (near 300kph)meaning his power was down to about 500 or so hp but still enough for his Ruf to do its thing at over 200mph.

So YOU want to have your cake and eat it, you want to wallow in the kudos (and probably value $$) of the Ruf brand but at the same time want to tell us of your mega high hp Porsches and then show us a video of a 993 purporting to have a Ruf engine which it clearly hasn't and to top it on a chassis dyno without cooling ....

You maybe need to realign yourself with other tuning "brands" for whom 600+hp claims are perfectly valid and useable for maybe 1/4 mile drag strips. The Ruf brand you aspire to does not make engines for the 993 turbo above 580PS but I guarantee you they will go faster flat out than your 6XXhp mega exploda motored 993
First and foremost.. I dont wallow in RUF at all.. The name doesnt do much for me, I find it overpriced and underengineered. a number of U.S. tuners both well known and unknown could build a far better car for far less.

Second off, you are now calling me a liar because you somehow think this isnt a RUF, when it fact it is, putting straightpipes off the turbos does not change the fact that it is a RUF...

Lastly, properly engineered a 993 TT motor can make FAR more than 600hp..
Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Oh boy, this could get interesting
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

noone cares about you allan go back to L4P... and pretend that you can drive... 2 min willow is very bad even in a 100 hp gallardo... and especially in a 1000 hp gallardo
Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bradford
Oh boy, this could get interesting
+1
Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM
BIG 928
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

toby is saying ruf build there engines for the long run to put it in laymans terms, not ***** out power. my old gt2 race car engine made over 700 bhp. it has all the bits money can buy but lasts 20-25 hours between rebuilds. at 550-600 it lasts twice as long and then some. even keeping everything at the right temps, oil /inlet temps etc it wears out quicker with more power. now im rambling as nobody has asked any of this lol!
ive probably opened up another debate now!

regards mark
Old 04-04-2012, 04:50 PM
renngt2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Allan is this one of the many big HP Porsches you own? It's weird cause another rennlister claims it's his?

http://www.luxury4play.com/porsche/1...y-sick-12.html
Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
noone cares about you allan go back to L4P... and pretend that you can drive... 2 min willow is very bad even in a 100 hp gallardo... and especially in a 1000 hp gallardo
You wouldnt know much about driving a 1000whp car now would you? Werent you banned on L4p?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by renngt2
Hey Allan is this one of the many big HP Porsches you own? It's weird cause another rennlister claims it's his?

http://www.luxury4play.com/porsche/1...y-sick-12.html
There must be some confusion...
Old 04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not helping...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

allan yes i was banned from L4p but i know ben and mark... are u an admin or something why do u care? uve been banned from multiple forums. and probably a few more that u have been a complete douche on.. its true when me and carter went to my first trackday ever u were doing 2 minutes in a 1000 hp gallardo and u filmed it to show how fast u were down the straights . FYI Sharing a car is not gonna work out once you crash ... and ur right i havent had a 1000 hp car . but mine had 800 hp and i was 30 seconds faster than u in your 1000hp car. just show how "great" a driver u are... poor KM car was raced properly now this... even carter in the 430 scud beat ya by 20 secs... good luck with ur racing LOL. go "wallow" in your own awesomeness some more.

p.s. it was so funny when u rolled to ferrari meet offa bev glen. u thought u would impress people with boith ur 458 and ur friend driving ur tt(to show how awesome u are.) ... to bad noone cares and

btw thought u had bug aspirations... LOL

Last edited by gt2urbo; 04-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

allan yes i was banned from L4p but i know ben and mark... so im back. its true when me and carter went to my first trackday ever . u were doing 2 minutes in a 1000 hp gallardo and u filmed it to show how fast u were down the straights . FYI Sharing a car is not gonna work out once you crash ... and ur right i didnt have a 100 hp porsche neither have u. but mine haad 800 hp and i was 30 seconrds faster than u in your 100hp. even carter in the 430 scud beat ya by 20 secs... good luck with ur racing LOL.
When you share info, you should know what your talking about.. when I took the Gallardo to the track it was fresh off its build. I didnt go there to try and set fast laps, nor did I go to set record speed down the straights. The boost was turned completely down. I didnt realise I was there for anything but putting a few miles on the car, which is why I only did a few laps and we left.. So if you are excited about posting faster lap times than someone putting around the track thats good for you..

Kudos to you and your 800hp Porsche. . 20 yrs ago when I was running the same power in a 2600lb Porsche it was alot of fun..

Dont concern yourself with us crashing the car, we figured that out before we got it.. It quite simply works like this.. if we crash it.. we buy another one..
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

allan yes i was banned from L4p but i know ben and mark... are u an admin or something why do u care? uve been banned from multiple forums. and probably a few more that u have been a complete douche on.. its true when me and carter went to my first trackday ever u were doing 2 minutes in a 1000 hp gallardo and u filmed it to show how fast u were down the straights . FYI Sharing a car is not gonna work out once you crash ... and ur right i havent had a 1000 hp car . but mine had 800 hp and i was 30 seconds faster than u in your 1000hp car. just show how "great" a driver u are... poor KM car was raced properly now this... even carter in the 430 scud beat ya by 20 secs... good luck with ur racing LOL. go "wallow" in your own awesomeness some more.

p.s. it was so funny when u rolled to ferrari meet offa bev glen. u thought u would impress people with boith ur 458 and ur friend driving ur tt(to show how awesome u are.) ... to bad noone cares and

btw thought u had bug aspirations... LOL
LOL, yes no one cares.. Haha.. thats me trying to impress. I always roll up to 20 person car shows trying to impress a couple of old dudes. LOL DUDE, the closest you will ever come to a "BUG" is if Ben lets you clean his.. Ive seen that bomb you call a porsche.. Its not much to be proud of.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, we haven't had much drama over here in the 993 Turbo forum in a l o n g time.

And if anyones wants to see some cool flames shooting out of a 993 Turbo, come out to Road America when Spartna is running. Out of turn #5, going up the hill, he's usually toasting marshmellows for s'mores for the Kelly Moss crew hanging back at the paddock area.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Dr. Vader
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drama for your Momma

Quick Reply: RUF 993TT on Dyno