Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobil 1 V-Twin On Sale $7.99/quart

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is a good price. I get V-twin from a lubrication wholesaler. Last batch was $46.00 a case. The 10 cases just in last week $54.90 each. That is not much under the retail #'s. Can not put a price on one of the best oils to run in our air cooled engines, especially turbos.

Rick
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Essexmetal
That is a good price. I get V-twin from a lubrication wholesaler. Last batch was $46.00 a case. The 10 cases just in last week $54.90 each. That is not much under the retail #'s. Can not put a price on one of the best oils to run in our air cooled engines, especially turbos.
Rick
Rick, 60 quarts of V-Twin? How often are you changing oil? Love your endorsement and knowledge.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Essexmetal
Instructor

No H2O, The 10 cases are not all for my consumption. My buddies in the Porsche Club need a fix of V-Twin from time to time. I do change my oil twice a season. That would relate to around 600 miles a change. No filters just a drain and refill. For those that think it is a bit extreme I can agree. But I pound the motor pretty hard when I am on the track and because it is programmed to run pretty fat (rich) the oil does get a bit polluted by gas. For the $90 it costs for a change out the fill it is cheap insurance verses splitting the engine cases.
Rick
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

No H2O, The 10 cases are not all for my consumption. My buddies in the Porsche Club need a fix of V-Twin from time to time. I do change my oil twice a season. That would relate to around 600 miles a change. No filters just a drain and refill. For those that think it is a bit extreme I can agree. But I pound the motor pretty hard when I am on the track and because it is programmed to run pretty fat (rich) the oil does get a bit polluted by gas. For the $90 it costs for a change out the fill it is cheap insurance verses splitting the engine cases.
Rick
Rick, will you be at Gingerman next weekend for the PCA event?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

There was some discussion to attend but that is a big weekend here in Michigan. Some Vintage Racing and the St. Johns (formerly Meadowbrook) Concours.

I have not run the new circuit yet. Will figure out a way to get there this year. Since you are asking are you attending?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Since you are asking are you attending?
I may run up there for a day. Depending on the weather. Not driving, just watching a few of my friends run. I usually spend a couple hours in Saugatuck, too. Makes for a nice day-trip. But if it is +90 degrees and humid (again) I'm staying close to home and the AC.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 V-Twin On Sale $7.99/quart