Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1997 993tt

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you considered Silver/Red? That's my baby...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...id=AT-129bd438
Old 01-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Luck has a lot to do with it, as well as the season of the year. Used crazedlist.org as well, that is where I picked up on mine since it was only locally advertised, and it just happened to be just a short ferry ride away while I was searching the entire north american continent, as well as Japan.

Why do I say luck? I stumbled on mine, did the negotiations/inspections, bought it, and other say "What? I did not even see that one" - just pure luck, no skills on timing, no one else was even looking at the car.

You need to have your money lined up so you can make it quick, make sure it gets inspected at least once (I used THREE inspections, the dealer, an independent and my own - where my own inspection was the deepest), and even then some things were missed, nothing major, but still a few more bucks.

Try not to let emotion get in the way, but you will always hit that decision point where you need to balance some deficiencies in the car with your budget, time and patience. In my case, the slave cylinder accumulators was replaced just before I bought it, but I suspected the slave was failing. I bought it anyways since I knew exactly what the parts cost, and my labor is free. I am replacing the slave in a few weeks while the car is in the garage hiding from the snow.

There are several people always looking on this list, so be aware that if a car becomes available on this list and is a good deal, it will go QUICK.

Best of luck, they are great cars, especially if you like to pay for fuel!!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 PM
andrewlunka
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know of 2 silver on grey cars in Vancouver one with 22k miles and one with 60k miles. They are both former US cars but you will save the 6.1% duty. Private message me your email if you want me to forward you the adds.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
LITTLE TANKER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the advice, info and optimism Mike J.......hoping lady luck will be on my side as she was on yours.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
KJ1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cesar
Have you considered Silver/Red? That's my baby...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...id=AT-129bd438
I have to go back on what I have said previously... silver has grown on me, especially with the red interior Beautiful car.
Too bad my disposable is tied up in 2 different start-up's

Quick Reply: WTB: 1997 993tt