Sponsored by:

My White Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by october102010
If my dash is colored midnight blue, would you know what is the name of the color of my seats? Is it called light blue?
Provence Blue... I believe that you will probably have the NN interior code, which denotes the midnight blue leather / Provence blue leather combination.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Steve, wow we have twin cars then--white with blue. If my dash is colored midnight blue, would you know what is the name of the color of my seats? Is it called light blue?
I'm fairly sure this is Provence Blue leather. It was on the 'Special Order' list for model year '96/'97. Although, I've never seen it in person, it always appears as a fairly light blue in the pictures I've seen and your interior looks like the same color. If I can find other examples, I'll post them for you, but if you call PCNA in Georgia, give them your vin# and ask them if your car's interior is Provence Blue or color to sample, they will tell you most of the time if you are correct. However, if you just ask them, 'what color interior came on my car', they won't tell you.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Definitely Provence Blue. Here's a great example, nicely photographed. Looks AWESOME on this car I IMHO ...
http://www.monksheathprestige.com/us...erley/17518989
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
97turbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nurburger and JPP, thanks for giving me the info. Instead of saying blue, I can now say with more sophistication that my interior is a fusion of Midnight and Provence Blue.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
97turbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Ken your white Turbo looks great! Was this the sunroof delete white/blue car that was in the Colorado (Boulder) area?
Thanks! No my car has a sunroof. I bought this from someone in San Diego and brought it to the Bay Area.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Nurburger and JPP, thanks for giving me the info. Instead of saying blue, I can now say with more sophistication that my interior is a fusion of Midnight and Provence Blue.
I read in the factory color sample literature at a swap meet last year, that the name 'Provence Blue' was selected to evoke the color of the pale blue skies of Provence in southern France ... that area being the one that inspired the paintings/pallets of Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet ... so there's that

Thanks! No my car has a sunroof. I bought this from someone in San Diego and brought it to the Bay Area.
I'm in north Bay coast, Santa Rosa .. maybe we'll run into each other at some local get together, I'd love to see your car in person.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:36 PM
97turbo
Advanced

JPP, you have a fantastic car and I would love to see it in person as I've never seen one before. I actually live in Manila, Philippines and only spend a few weeks a year in the Bay Area Peninsula so I only get to enjoy the car when I'm there. Hopefully the timing is right and I can attend a get-together on my next trip. I'm fortunate to own another 993 which I drive in Manila (96 carrera tip polar silver with red)
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

JPP, you have a fantastic car and I would love to see it in person as I've never seen one before. I actually live in Manila, Philippines and only spend a few weeks a year in the Bay Area Peninsula so I only get to enjoy the car when I'm there. Hopefully the timing is right and I can attend a get-together on my next trip. I'm fortunate to own another 993 which I drive in Manila (96 carrera tip polar silver with red)
Wow, you really ARE a red interior aficionado then Yes, that would be awesome! Fister-DiPietro Motorsports has an incredible annual shop party in NorthEastbay in September .. we had a big crowd this year for a morning drive then a catered lunch, beer, cake and LOTS of 993's and other Porsche's of all stripes and types. You should try and coordinate a visit ;-) As a matter of fact y'all ALL ought to try and coordinate a visit
Old 12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Love white with blue! Great color combo, me thinks.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:28 PM
mat28
Cruisin'

Hi Brian
i just got the car few days ago , and yes you are correct the car was very close to you , and if I'm not mistaken your car was around $117 sticker , (by the way love your car and the way it been lowered i will definitely go the same route you went ) now the car is here in Miami area ,i have to tell you that the previous owner took care of the car insanely , and what a nice person was to deal with.
Yes the car was on ebay for less than a day as soon as i saw it , and mostly as soon as i spoke to the owner i bought it diden't even fight for better price , did the ppi everything came back perfect , plus is a 1997 with 22... miles i couldn't pass
Cheers
mat
Old 12-09-2011, 02:00 AM
97turbo
Advanced

Brian, you mention about Gert's front protection bar. Pardon my ignorance but what is that and what does it do?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Bgoldey
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a stainless bar that bolts right below the front bumper cover. It protects the bumper cover from road scrapes due to the reduced horizontal clearance associated with lowered ride height. I've always used Gert's, IIRC Tony Callas (Best PPI ever btw) told me they're made out of a better material (SS) and thus more durable then others on the market.

Here's the link:http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93070.htm
Old 12-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bgoldey
It's a stainless bar that bolts right below the front bumper cover. It protects the bumper cover from road scrapes due to the reduced horizontal clearance associated with lowered ride height. I've always used Gert's, IIRC Tony Callas (Best PPI ever btw) told me they're made out of a better material (SS) and thus more durable then others on the market.

Here's the link:http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93070.htm
+1
Old 12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I've never seen Provence Blue before! Great color combo.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:09 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Brian, you mention about Gert's front protection bar. Pardon my ignorance but what is that and what does it do?
I bought one for my '95 coupe a couple years ago .. and I was going to mount it when someone told me that they had hit a parking lot wheel block with theirs and it tore completely out of the trunk pan leaving two huge rips in the metal! .... so I sold it and bought some touch up paint

Quick Reply: My White Turbo