Sponsored by:

Supercar saturday this weekend in chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Woosah
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercar saturday this weekend in chicagoland

Hi guys, just wondering if there will be any rennlisters there? I'm thinking ok going if there will be a good turn out.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm seriously considering it..... haven't been to Bolingbrook yet but what the hey i might just register for it.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If the weather is good (and it should be this Saturday) I plan on driving +300 miles on my favorite roads in southwestern Wisconsin. Then another +200 miles Sunday.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
If the weather is good (and it should be this Saturday) I plan on driving +300 miles on my favorite roads in southwestern Wisconsin. Then another +200 miles Sunday.
Always looking for good roads..... which routes do you take? May do some driving on sunday
Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by uicnick
Always looking for good roads..... which routes do you take? May do some driving on sunday
Leave Arlington Heights (4:45 AM) to Starbucks off 90 in Belvidere. Hang out for about 1-2 hours. Then take 20 west to Lena, IL. Cut north on parts of the Stage Coach Road to Gratoit, WI. Hit country roads around Darlington and New Glarus. Wave to farmers (they wave back) and Amish (they don't wave). Fast lunch (Culver's) in Janeville. Buy about 17 gallons of 93 octane NO ETHANOL in Janesville. Take the highway home. Parked in garage by about 1:30 PM. Right about 310 miles.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Woosah
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a good route. I've been on parts of that trip. I would join you. However, I have a couple of prior engagements in the early afternoon (going out for my future brother-in-laws bachlor party). Maybe next time. I'll probably stop by bolingbrook for a couple of hours to check out the scene. Then come home and get ready . Drive safe. Remember, do not stare at the cows. My friend was on that route on his motorcycle and got caught staring at the cows. When he looked up, the road was turing and he was going 80mph. He jumped off his bike when the bike hit the grass and rolled. Some how he wasn't injured. The only thing that happend to him was a small tear in his jeans. The bike was toast, but with some strings became rideable.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are all these things in the burbs?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spartan
Parking. Tough to find enough open parking for 100+ cars in the city.

The Glen was ideal for me, and the place in South Barrington was okay. Have not been out to Bolingbrook yet...
Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Spartan
Originally Posted by mklaskin
Parking. Tough to find enough open parking for 100+ cars in the city.

The Glen was ideal for me, and the place in South Barrington was okay. Have not been out to Bolingbrook yet...
I agree with Mike.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

That route sounds like a lot of fun! Sheesh, 5AM on a Sunday is very tough for me, but definitely a good time for driving. Funny, I love waving at people and i'm always critical when people don't wave back. I find that people wave back most often when riding my bicycle than walking or driving. If I had the choice, I'd take the road trip over the car show any day..... I smell a rennlist Chicago region drive coming soon!

Quick Reply: Supercar saturday this weekend in chicagoland