Thoughts on this 600+HP 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011 | 02:59 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bradford
Come on Toby, what did those Andial guys ever do to you
I spent the other day with the guy who "invented" the Porsche twin turbo layout/concept whilst he explained about hp/measurement/temperature and demonstrated the effects of temperature in 30 degree climate in 170mph tests (on Bavarian back roads)
When you see just how hard (and expensive) it is to get every single hp above 560 on a 997tt and 520 on the 933tt and I mean Porsche hp ie it is there at maximum speed in 20 DegC ambient - you would get cranky with some of the fantasy stuff which when written/stated enough times becomes internet fact !

TBH, I am looking forward to Adam's 993 hitting the Autobahn..... he can do some simple testing to verify just how much hp he has and I will take wagers on it being under 550 - this is not a dig at anyone's manhood (leave that to the bling site) - this is Rennlist, the original and best technical site
Old 06-02-2011 | 03:48 PM
adamvandenbos
Instructor

Talking Andial 993

Originally Posted by TB993tt
TBH, I am looking forward to Adam's 993 hitting the Autobahn..... he can do some simple testing to verify just how much hp he has and I will take wagers on it being under 550 - this is not a dig at anyone's manhood (leave that to the bling site) - this is Rennlist, the original and best technical site
I'll be sure to get the Andial over to Germany by next year. "I hope"

You know I'm addict for challenge; that has everything to do with my manhood, pride.

No expense has been spared to make sure my Andial ready for the Autobahn and dyno; you're the first one I email Toby when I get back to Germany. Till then here a taste
Attached Images  

Last edited by adamvandenbos; 06-02-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-02-2011 | 04:46 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I see the problem right there.
Andial only got 629 on their dyno...............
Has anyone ever spoken to Arnold and Deiter about their graphs?
Old 06-02-2011 | 06:41 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adam - I saw these graphs possibly before you even owned a 993tt, Jimmy (JJayB) was a hero to all us Porsche geeks back in the "pre tuners" day when Excellence did the article on this Andial engine......

For the turbos they are using the graphs mean as much now as they did then.....it is all about the temperatures and to get the numbers they "declared" in the graphs, many years ago now, they would need much bigger turbos.... the K24/26 variety may possibly have got them closer to those numbers.....

Look forward to your relocation, there are some awesome empty bahns near Wurzburg....
Old 06-02-2011 | 06:51 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shawsan
http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/web/...linois/838169/

The car looks good, the mileage looks good, and price isn't bad. But I doubt the HP claims because all they describe is bigger turbos, sports cats/exhaust,and presumably an ECU upgrade. My prior 993TT had those mods and came up to about 475HP. A ruf modified 993TT claims 495HP. Even my prior Ruf 996 Rturbo only managed 550HP with bigger turbos, cats, ECU upgrade. Could 600HP+ be attained using some high octane fuel and overboost (which could deteriorate engine fast).

I'm trying to contact sales people for more specifics. But perhaps this car is known or discussed previously here. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Paul
If it's this place, then I would be cautious-BTW, one of my alltime favorite 6-bling threads-pay attention to page 8, post #119:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-89-900-a.html
Old 06-02-2011 | 07:06 PM
adamvandenbos
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Adam - I saw these graphs possibly before you even owned a 993tt, Jimmy (JJayB) was a hero to all us Porsche geeks back in the "pre tuners" day when Excellence did the article on this Andial engine......
I have nothing but respect for the people that been tuning Pcars long before me, but I can't resist the fun in giving you hard time.

Look forward to your relocation, there are some awesome empty bahns near Wurzburg....
You and me both, the job market in Germany and DoD is not looking good for system and network guys. Which will keep me in Middle East till I do find a job in Germany.
Old 06-03-2011 | 01:54 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by adamvandenbos
You and me both, the job market in Germany and DoD is not looking good for system and network guys. Which will keep me in Middle East till I do find a job in Germany.
Adam, where are you based?

Oh and can you please CC me on that email that you will send TB?
If you are on the "GT1" turbos I say 500 max... I can post real life dyno graphs
Old 06-03-2011 | 02:29 AM
adamvandenbos
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jean
Adam, where are you based?
I work for Raytheon, in Iraq at the moment.

Oh and can you please CC me on that email that you will send TB?
If you are on the "GT1" turbos I say 500 max... I can post real life dyno graphs
The dyno graph posted to TB is on this thread
Old 06-03-2011 | 06:02 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have nothing but respect for the people that been tuning Pcars long before me, but I can't resist the fun in giving you hard time.
If you were posting your 630hp on 6bling or Teamspeed it is easily ignored as those forums seem to exist for "drag racing" hp but this site and in particular this 993tt forum has always been a bastion of real Porsche hp

Andial's Brochure cover from 1991

The engine dyno which your dyno chart above comes from

Last edited by TB993tt; 06-03-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2011 | 01:47 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Hi Toby, (or anyone else for that matter)
If you happen to have articles or brochures related to Andial I would love to get a copy for my "Andial propaganda file" if it's convenient for you.
Thanks,
Scott
scottmellor@ppomsinc.net
Old 06-03-2011 | 01:56 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Scott, have you checked with Andial for the brochures?
Old 06-03-2011 | 02:24 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

^^ Excellent notion. I'd love to know what they have as well. I emailed Pete a few weeks ago, asking if they might still have any decals from the old days laying around. I wanted something for my rear quarter windows. He sent me a dozen or more, in different sizes, shapes and colors. Need/want any, Scott?
Old 06-04-2011 | 11:07 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I work for Raytheon, in Iraq at the moment.

The dyno graph posted to TB is on this thread
We're neighbours, you're only an hour away from party town.

What I meant was power curves from actual datalogger runs on the road, no dyno stuff. That graph posted would be for the Thielert setup running around 1.5 bar of boost and different turbos, fuel pumps, etc...

With HP in the mid-500s it will still be crazy fast.
Old 06-04-2011 | 01:25 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Jean:
Interesting.
I see boost spikes of around 1.5 on the street gas program, and around 1.1 steady state.
"Steady state" is a huge overstatement on a street driven car, as there is no way on Gods Green Earth to keep in the boost for any length of time around here.
I have never been able to look down at the stupid kneecap located boost gauge on the race gas program for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 600+HP 993TT