Need TrackDay tires/slicks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
fpcruz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need TrackDay tires/slicks

Hello everyone,

I was wondering who could point me in the right direction to find some reasonable tires to shread on the track. Any websites that sell stuff like used or relatively cheap new ones? There's a track day coming up and I didn't like it the first time around when I took the regular road tires.

Tks in advance!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Use good tires. Tires are cheap compared to your Turbo, other cars on the track, and risk of injury.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:22 AM
malcolmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Use good tires. Tires are cheap compared to your Turbo, other cars on the track, and risk of injury.
I agree completely. Tracks are dangerous places and safety becomes the #1` priority. Brakes in "great" (not "good") order, including fresh uprated fluid, and good tyres are a must.

If you have a spare set of wheels, Hoosiers R6 are hard to beat in terms of both price and performance on a dry track. Otherwise the scope is wide with R-Compound tyres (Michelin PSC's, Toyo, Yokohama, Pirelli Corsa etc.)

Occasionally, you can source half used slicks from Porsche Cup teams. Perhaps enquire at your local track as to who if anyone might "test" there.....

Quick Reply: Need TrackDay tires/slicks