Sponsored by:

Slave Hose Question??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts
Question Slave Hose Question??

Had my slave and accumulator replaced last week. They also installed a rubber hose (964 314 477 02) and I got the old hose back but it was braided steel. I think it's part 993 314 477 02. Same fittings on both hoses. Car works great but there's no way a rubber hose should be used to replace a braided steel one is there?

Streather (P. 117) shows the 2 hoses that have this threading by the bleeder valve - I think that's what it is. One is rubber and one is braided steel. I'm wondering if they erroneously replaced the braided steel hose with the rubber one instead of replacing the old rubber with the new rubber? Should I make them correct this or is the rubber hose just as good? Thanks guys.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

They replaced the input line from the master with the NA car rubber line instead of the turbos steel braided. No more pressure on the input side than in a NA car. I only do this change when I dump the power clutch thing altogether from a turbo and install a normal slave cylinder. Only issue may be rating for CHF11S fluid. Nasty stuff. NA car runs standard brake fluid through clutch lines.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 278 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
They replaced the input line from the master with the NA car rubber line instead of the turbos steel braided. No more pressure on the input side than in a NA car. I only do this change when I dump the power clutch thing altogether from a turbo and install a normal slave cylinder. Only issue may be rating for CHF11S fluid. Nasty stuff. NA car runs standard brake fluid through clutch lines.
Thanks so much Viperbob1. Based on this, I've got the correct part on the way and tech will switch it out gratis. Thought heat might be a problem too. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used, NA clutch line very cheap? Ronnie.

Quick Reply: Slave Hose Question??