Sponsored by:

We need judges like this!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DM993tt
No, but I drove I-20 across the state when I was in the Army. Took 18 hours and was realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly booooooooooooooring. And I (koff, koff) probably exceeded every posted speed limit along the way. Was in a bit of a hurry to get in a 30 day leave before "deploying" (although that wasn't a term generally used in '68).
Old 12-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Here in wonderful British Columbia, local drivers if caught driving in their vehicles found speeding 40km (28 mph) or over, any posted speed limit can expect high fines and will see their vehicle’s impounded on the first offence and each subsequent offence, committed within a two (2) year period of the first offence.

For a first offence, there is a mandatory vehicle impoundment for seven (7) days, thirty (30) days after a second, and sixty (60) days for any subsequent violations within a two (2) year period.

In addition to impounding vehicles, drivers face fines of up to $483, three demerit points will be charged and the mandatory insurance agency will be able to charge an additional $320 ‘risky driver’ premium on top of any insurance premiums for the following three years, as well as 3 points against their licence. They can also expect to pay as much as $737 for ticket, towing and storage fees up front while their vehicle is held for a mandatory seven-day impound.

Those busted for excessive speeding a second time will have their vehicles impounded for 30 days and can expect to shell out as much as $1,243 up front, plus a $370 annual driver-risk premium each year for three years.

For third-time and subsequent excessive-speeding offences within two years, drivers will suffer a 60-day vehicle impoundment and be charged as much as $1,903 plus an additional $430 insurance premium each year for three years.

You just gotta love it...

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: We need judges like this!