Sponsored by:

Humble Pie

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
revolution993
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

take him to the track !
only redneck muscle cars does straight runs.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by revolution993
take him to the track !
only redneck muscle cars does straight runs.
As a former owner of a C5 Z06, I can assure you that Corvette can hang with a 993TT in the corners. The C5's are fantastic performers. Unfortunately the interior looks and smells bad and the steering feeling is non-existent and rear grip isn't close to the same league as a mid or rear engined car.

It's a matter of preference with respect to the above. But in the end the C5 is a great performance car, in straights and corners, for a lot less money; a LOT LESS.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstoppani
As a former owner of a C5 Z06, I can assure you that Corvette can hang with a 993TT in the corners. The C5's are fantastic performers. Unfortunately the interior looks and smells bad and the steering feeling is non-existent and rear grip isn't close to the same league as a mid or rear engined car.

It's a matter of preference with respect to the above. But in the end the C5 is a great performance car, in straights and corners, for a lot less money; a LOT LESS.
Pstoppani,
Not my experience at all.

For a point of reference I ran a match race at Willow Springs with a Lingenfelter which was the first C5 Z06 427 C5R modified for the track in my Andial 993 tt twin plug (not a 3.8) Dick Gulstrand was there as a witness as well as many corvette faithful. Equal drivers....quoting Dick Gulstand to John Lingenfelter "John your Corvette got it's *** kicked".

An M030 (sports suspension) 993tt will be faster than a stock C5Z06 by 1-2 seconds around Willow Springs. Better brakes and more torque out of the corners is the difference. Corvette has huge track reliability issues.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:26 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Wow you sure are tough on yourself. The pendejo vette pulls 1/2 a car length on you, perhaps when you shifted, and then breaks !
All I see is Turbo tail lights in the end.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:47 AM
d-land
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Wow you sure are tough on yourself. The pendejo vette pulls 1/2 a car length on you, perhaps when you shifted, and then breaks !
All I see is Turbo tail lights in the end.
"pendejo vette"

Classic!

-David
Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who cares what a Vette does in a straight line or on a track...you're talking about two dated cars. I don't own mine b/c I want the fastest thing on the road. That game gets too expensive....we have Bugatti Veyrons, Scuderia Ferraris, Murcielagos, R12s, countless brand new 997 turbos etc. rolling around my town. I just care about something thats put together well, looks good, and puts a smile on my face when I drive it. Could care less if some rattle-box fast vette can beat me traffic light to traffic light. Oh, and there are plenty of the nicest Vettes money can buy all around here too. I'm totally content with my ride even if its 2 sec slower to my next speeding ticket
Old 07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

My new alter ego, El Guapo's knowledge of Spanish is gleaned from watching "Weeds" on Showtime.

Quick Reply: Humble Pie