Sponsored by:

On the Hunt for a 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On the Hunt for a 993TT

Hi Guys - let me know if you hear of anything nice. Trying to keep the miles under 30K - fond of the lighter colours - silvers, white, horizon, etc.
Not really interested in a modified car (other than suspension).

Appreciate any leads you may have. I've considered examples currently listed in the normal places (AT, Cars.com, CL and some of the more reputable dealers) but haven't come up with anything yet.
Regards,
Bob
Old 06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 187 Posts

These guys specialize in low mileage cars. www.willhoitenterprises.com, www.rpmsportscars.com, www.truspeedmotorcars.com,
Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
goatfarmer1970
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Higher miles than you are looking for, but here is a post on my car.

1997 Glacier White / Classic Grey 993TT. Car is located in Portland, Oregon and super clean:

paste link for photos: http://photobucket.com/97-993TT

-- 48K miles
-- Aluminum gauges and digital sound with CD changer
-- No paint work / except obviously on OEM Euro front bumper cover with OEM lenses
-- No accidents / clean CarFax / clean title in-hand
-- Excellent condition inside and out
-- No dings, dents, scratches, and almost no chips at all
-- No rips, tears or stains, only slight scuffing on driver seat bottom
-- PSS10s, EVO uprights & OEM strut brace from Steve Weiner / Jeff Gamroth
-- Have all original suspension parts too
-- Fabspeed muffler bypasses and OEM mufflers
-- Original hollow spoke wheels painted black by Skip’s Wheelwerks
-- Otherwise car is stock and original
-- Unused spare, air compressor and tools all intact
-- Cracked rear center reflector is only thing that needs fixing (which I could do if important)
-- Has owner’s manual, tons of receipts, two keys, original grey floor mats, etc.

I bought the car in Orange County 2.5 years ago with 34K miles for $72.5K (after getting a PPI from Vision Motorsports; have spent over $15K since to give the car "the good life" with no expense spared. Car has always been warmed up properly, with no revs over 4,000 until oil temp comes up; and always cooled down before shut-off.

I can comfortably represent that the car is very correct. I want $64K but understand that market forces, not seller's wishes, are what ultimately determine price. Feel free to call with any questions, 503-348-0933. Also, please feel free to contact Steve Weiner, Jeff Gamroth, or any of the guys at Stuttgart Autotech to inquire about the car's condition.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
roarke01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one may be of interest - no affiliation

http://tinyurl.com/2des434
Old 06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

There was a nice sounding ad in the current issue of Pano. Mag. The car was a Canadian car too. It was silver.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 PM
BigInJapan
Instructor

My car is not for sale (not helpful, I know) but I just found a Lancair I want!!! darn.

I feel a little guilty, because the first thing I thought about was selling the turbo to help finance the glass cockpit.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:37 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob! Cool.
Good luck with the search!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
parsonii
Racer

bob .... ian can be talked into selling his car. offer him what he has in it and see if he has a lapse in judgement. seriously his car is perfect, 18k miles or something like that, white, pss10's, sweet interior and passed a ppi less than 18 months ago.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM
BigInJapan
Instructor

Karim...wife says I can't sell.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
I continue to watch all the dealers that seem to scoop up these car - I want to try to find one before they get their hands on it!

Originally Posted by goatfarmer1970
Higher miles than you are looking for, but here is a post on my car.

1997 Glacier White / Classic Grey 993TT. Car is located in Portland, Oregon and super clean:

paste link for photos: http://photobucket.com/97-993TT

-- 48K miles
-- Aluminum gauges and digital sound with CD changer
-- No paint work / except obviously on OEM Euro front bumper cover with OEM lenses
-- No accidents / clean CarFax / clean title in-hand
-- Excellent condition inside and out
-- No dings, dents, scratches, and almost no chips at all
-- No rips, tears or stains, only slight scuffing on driver seat bottom
-- PSS10s, EVO uprights & OEM strut brace from Steve Weiner / Jeff Gamroth
-- Have all original suspension parts too
-- Fabspeed muffler bypasses and OEM mufflers
-- Original hollow spoke wheels painted black by Skip’s Wheelwerks
-- Otherwise car is stock and original
-- Unused spare, air compressor and tools all intact
-- Cracked rear center reflector is only thing that needs fixing (which I could do if important)
-- Has owner’s manual, tons of receipts, two keys, original grey floor mats, etc.

I bought the car in Orange County 2.5 years ago with 34K miles for $72.5K (after getting a PPI from Vision Motorsports; have spent over $15K since to give the car "the good life" with no expense spared. Car has always been warmed up properly, with no revs over 4,000 until oil temp comes up; and always cooled down before shut-off.

I can comfortably represent that the car is very correct. I want $64K but understand that market forces, not seller's wishes, are what ultimately determine price. Feel free to call with any questions, 503-348-0933. Also, please feel free to contact Steve Weiner, Jeff Gamroth, or any of the guys at Stuttgart Autotech to inquire about the car's condition.
Looks like a great car Goat but a little higher in the miles than I want to go - cheers.

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
There was a nice sounding ad in the current issue of Pano. Mag. The car was a Canadian car too. It was silver.
Unfortunately this was an accident repair car.

Originally Posted by MarkD
Bob! Cool.
Good luck with the search!
Thanks Mark - just as I get the 2S sorted I'm looking for something different.

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
Karim...wife says I can't sell.
She's a good wife!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:26 PM
turbobooost
Racer

YOU MIGHT OUGHT TO RE-THINK THAT THOUGHT OF GETTING ONE OF THE TWIN TURBO'S BEFORE WEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET TO IT....WHEN YOU ARE SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY,THERE IS NOOOO ROOM FOR CHANCE !!! AFTER 35 YEARS IN BUSINESS WE ARE PREPARED TO TAKE THE INITIAL RISK WITH A SYSTEM THAT WORKS !!! AT LEAST BUYING FROM US,YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE BUYING BECAUSE WE STAND BEHIND IT AFTER THE SALE WHNE AN INDIVIDUAL WILL NOT..WHEN YOU BUY FROM AN INDIVIDUAL,THEY KNOW THAT IS PERHAPS THE ONLY CAR THEY WILL SELL YOU IN THEIR LIFETIME SOOOOOOOOO THEY MIGHT FIB A LITTLE....SURE, YOU MIGHT PAY A LITTTTTTTTTTTTLE MORE BUT NOTHING CRAZY AS WE SELL FOR WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR !! PLUS,THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO HAVE DEALT WITH US AND CAN VOUCH FOR OUR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! GIVE US A CHANCE,WE'D LOVE TO SHOW YOU HOW EASY THIS IS..
Old 06-10-2010, 06:47 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by turbobooost
YOU MIGHT OUGHT TO RE-THINK THAT THOUGHT OF GETTING ONE OF THE TWIN TURBO'S BEFORE WEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET TO IT....WHEN YOU ARE SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY,THERE IS NOOOO ROOM FOR CHANCE !!! AFTER 35 YEARS IN BUSINESS WE ARE PREPARED TO TAKE THE INITIAL RISK WITH A SYSTEM THAT WORKS !!! AT LEAST BUYING FROM US,YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE BUYING BECAUSE WE STAND BEHIND IT AFTER THE SALE WHNE AN INDIVIDUAL WILL NOT..WHEN YOU BUY FROM AN INDIVIDUAL,THEY KNOW THAT IS PERHAPS THE ONLY CAR THEY WILL SELL YOU IN THEIR LIFETIME SOOOOOOOOO THEY MIGHT FIB A LITTLE....SURE, YOU MIGHT PAY A LITTTTTTTTTTTTLE MORE BUT NOTHING CRAZY AS WE SELL FOR WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR !! PLUS,THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO HAVE DEALT WITH US AND CAN VOUCH FOR OUR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! GIVE US A CHANCE,WE'D LOVE TO SHOW YOU HOW EASY THIS IS..
and you are which dealer exactly?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

^That's Michael Willhoit. He should at least become a "Member" or a paid Rennlist sponsor since he keeps hawking his services here. Give a little back to the community.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
turbobooost
Racer

NO WATER........NOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM.....I'D LOVE TO BE A SPONSER , SUPPORTER AND BE AN ADVERTISER.... I EVEN E-MAILED JOHN SOME MONTHS BACK ABOUT DOING ALL OF THIS VERY THING AND NEVER GOT AN ANSWER..WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP RIGHT NOW AND SEND MONEY!!!!!!!..DO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WANT TO SIGN ME UP ????LET'S ROLL !! WHRE DO I SEND MONEY ???....TURBOBOOOST@AOL.COM TO CHAT..THE BEST..MBW
Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Owzer
Instructor

Originally Posted by turbobooost
NO WATER........NOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM.....I'D LOVE TO BE A SPONSER , SUPPORTER AND BE AN ADVERTISER.... I EVEN E-MAILED JOHN SOME MONTHS BACK ABOUT DOING ALL OF THIS VERY THING AND NEVER GOT AN ANSWER..WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP RIGHT NOW AND SEND MONEY!!!!!!!..DO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WANT TO SIGN ME UP ????LET'S ROLL !! WHRE DO I SEND MONEY ???....TURBOBOOOST@AOL.COM TO CHAT..THE BEST..MBW
Dude. Can you stop capitalizing all your replies?

Quick Reply: On the Hunt for a 993TT