Sponsored by:

On the Hunt for a 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 389 Posts

he likes to yell.
btw Michael, John sold rennlist to Inter brands and Adrienne runs it now I believe, although John is still here. And I am sure Interbrands would love to rec'v some of your money. Nice of you to offer.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by turbobooost
NO WATER........NOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM.....I'D LOVE TO BE A SPONSER , SUPPORTER AND BE AN ADVERTISER.... I EVEN E-MAILED JOHN SOME MONTHS BACK ABOUT DOING ALL OF THIS VERY THING AND NEVER GOT AN ANSWER..WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP RIGHT NOW AND SEND MONEY!!!!!!!..DO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WANT TO SIGN ME UP ????LET'S ROLL !! WHRE DO I SEND MONEY ???....TURBOBOOOST@AOL.COM TO CHAT..THE BEST..MBW
Have read some good things on your dealings. Nice to know some honest dealers/sellers out there..Now go get the membership...lol
Old 06-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Riods007
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy sounds like an DB! I would not want to deal with this cocky guy. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 254 Posts

here's one for ya, real nice but maybe too much $$

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/1783936669.html
Old 06-10-2010, 11:41 PM
parsonii
Racer

Originally Posted by Riods007
This guy sounds like an DB! I would not want to deal with this cocky guy. Just my 2 cents.
my take isn't that at all. time and again people have bought cars from him and have had a favorable impression (bbs and recently glen and others i think). michael just says it as it is. these 15 yr old cars run the gamut in range in price and condition and these dealears rpm, whilhoit , sloan, truspeed provide a function
Old 06-11-2010, 02:25 AM
droy3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Owzer
Dude. Can you stop capitalizing all your replies?
+1
Old 06-11-2010, 06:09 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Owzer
Dude. Can you stop capitalizing all your replies?
Originally Posted by Riods007
Originally Posted by droy3
+1
Originally Posted by Turbodan
he likes to yell.
We have asked him nicely, in the past, to follow proper internet protocol, but he continues to ignore the Forum, since he is above all of us here. Of the 10,000's of active users here, Mr. Willhoit is special, and wants to stand out as such.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbobooost
YOU MIGHT OUGHT TO RE-THINK THAT THOUGHT OF GETTING ONE OF THE TWIN TURBO'S BEFORE WEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET TO IT....WHEN YOU ARE SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY,THERE IS NOOOO ROOM FOR CHANCE !!! AFTER 35 YEARS IN BUSINESS WE ARE PREPARED TO TAKE THE INITIAL RISK WITH A SYSTEM THAT WORKS !!! AT LEAST BUYING FROM US,YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE BUYING BECAUSE WE STAND BEHIND IT AFTER THE SALE WHNE AN INDIVIDUAL WILL NOT..WHEN YOU BUY FROM AN INDIVIDUAL,THEY KNOW THAT IS PERHAPS THE ONLY CAR THEY WILL SELL YOU IN THEIR LIFETIME SOOOOOOOOO THEY MIGHT FIB A LITTLE....SURE, YOU MIGHT PAY A LITTTTTTTTTTTTLE MORE BUT NOTHING CRAZY AS WE SELL FOR WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR !! PLUS,THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO HAVE DEALT WITH US AND CAN VOUCH FOR OUR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! GIVE US A CHANCE,WE'D LOVE TO SHOW YOU HOW EASY THIS IS..
In hindsight, I could have been a little more diplomatic in the wording of this portion of my post.

In the 993 market, there are a handful of reputable dealers (Willhoit, RPM, Truspeed, Sloan etc.) that seem to have a real advantage in sourcing cars due to the fact they are much closer to the market on a daily basis. I'm put at a further disadvantage living north of the border. I was just looking for a little assistance from the Rennlist community - it's a great place!

There have been many cars I've seen listed privately over the years that have ended up in dealer inventories at a significant premium over the original asking price. Obviously, I wouldn't have any insight as to what reconditioning costs were associated with these deals to support this premium. In the end, dealers need to make a profit - selling for more than you paid sort of supports the business model.

There are many buyers that don't have the time, inclination or perhaps confidence to source their own car. Dealers provide a great service for these buyers. I enjoy the process and have done it successfully a few times over the years.

BTW - I found a car and did a deal pending PPI which is scheduled for Monday -thanks all for your help and PM's.

Regards,
Bob
Old 06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on your new car, Bob! Please post pics and give details when convenient to do so. Enjoy.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Congrats on your new car, Bob! Please post pics and give details when convenient to do so. Enjoy.
Thanks! Crossing fingers on a clean PPI
Old 06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
Thanks! Crossing fingers on a clean PPI
Can you give us a clue on the color you ended up with?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
In hindsight, I could have been a little more diplomatic in the wording of this portion of my post.

In the 993 market, there are a handful of reputable dealers (Willhoit, RPM, Truspeed, Sloan etc.) that seem to have a real advantage in sourcing cars due to the fact they are much closer to the market on a daily basis. I'm put at a further disadvantage living north of the border. I was just looking for a little assistance from the Rennlist community - it's a great place!

There have been many cars I've seen listed privately over the years that have ended up in dealer inventories at a significant premium over the original asking price. Obviously, I wouldn't have any insight as to what reconditioning costs were associated with these deals to support this premium. In the end, dealers need to make a profit - selling for more than you paid sort of supports the business model.

There are many buyers that don't have the time, inclination or perhaps confidence to source their own car. Dealers provide a great service for these buyers. I enjoy the process and have done it successfully a few times over the years.

BTW - I found a car and did a deal pending PPI which is scheduled for Monday -thanks all for your help and PM's.

Regards,
Bob
Congrats Bob and here's hoping for a good PPI. Like to see it at one of our Sat GTG's or else somewhere between Ham and Nia.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:50 AM
96_993TT
Racer

Originally Posted by sanyata
here's one for ya, real nice but maybe too much $$

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/1783936669.html
Sanyata- Off topic but I really like your GT3 wheels in black. Any chance you can post one of the whole car?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Can you give us a clue on the color you ended up with?
I'll spill the beans later on today. She's getting checked out as we speak.
Cheers,
Bob
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

The PPI didn't go well. Low compression in cylinders 4 & 6 with corresponding leakdown results - probably indicative of worn valve guides at the very least. Perhaps worse but I stopped the PPI at that point. The deal may not be dead but its on life support. Best $319 i've spent in a while!
The search continues.

Quick Reply: On the Hunt for a 993TT