Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool Shirts

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010 | 05:57 AM
mcgeordie
Track Day

Smile Cool Shirts

Guys, came across this site through a feature in a UK car magazine, you may already know about them:

www.redbubble.com

I searched under Porsche and found some really cool shirts, the ones by 'supersnapper' really appealed...ordered a selection and really pleased. Although based in the States if you order 3 or more its free postage to here in the UK.

I've no affiliation to this company so just sharing the find and I accept no responsibility for the spending spree that may follow...LOL!
Old 04-03-2010 | 09:50 AM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

interesting site, mcgeordie - plenty of info but not clear how to buy!
directions appreciated.
PS - geordies from newcastle. macs from scotland - you are a geordie living in scotland?
PPS - where does the name geordie originate from?
Old 04-04-2010 | 04:12 AM
mcgeordie
Track Day

X50type, Hi

Your bang on...Geordie in Central Scotland, wife thought it was funny one day when subscribing me to something and it stuck!

With Redbubble you need to join using the free sign-up tab, once you've done it then its straightforward...a bit more of a faff than normal but it seemed to work okay.

On the subject of Geordie being used as name for folk from Newcastle. the two explanations I have been told are:
1. During the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745. The Jacobites declared that the natives of Newcastle were staunch supporters of the Hanoverian kings, in particular of George II during the 1745 rebellion. This contrasted with rural Northumbria, which largely supported the Jacobite cause. If true, the term may have derived from a popular anti-Hanoverian song ("Cam ye ower frae France?"), which calls the first Hanoverian king "Geordie Whelps", and thus it may have stuck.
2. Local miners used "Geordie" safety lamps, designed by George Stephenson, rather than the "Davy lamps" designed by Humphry Davy which were used in other mining communities.

Having said that there is no evidence for either...but I like the second as my family all worked the pits
Old 04-04-2010 | 11:56 AM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

mcgeordie,

thanks for the info re redbubble, they have a great selection of porsche stuff, i will sign up and see what takes my fancy.

also, thanks so much about the term 'geordie"; so it comes from george 2 or george stephenson [he of the first railways in the world?]

I note you have andial oil return lines, how are they different from the oe porcshe oil lines?

any pix of your car available?

there was a great article in a recent "total 911" about a trip in a 997 C4 to the isle of skye, have you been? looked like great driving country.
Old 04-04-2010 | 02:16 PM
mcgeordie
Track Day

X50type, no problem

PM me if you want some pics of the car and I'll sort, are you based in just down the road?

The Andial lines are up swept..to be honest made little difference I could detect, currently havin a set of turbo's doen by Kevin with check valve kit and that will help long term.

Have driven most of the good roads up north...gods own country, also being a biker have ridden them as well...which is why this Geordie has settled well up here!
Old 04-04-2010 | 02:25 PM
mcgeordie
Track Day

X50type...

I detailed my car last year and posted some pics on DW..here's the link if your are interested, its only the exterior but was pleased with how it was looking:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...sche+993+turbo

Quick Reply: Cool Shirts