Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excited to be a member of the forum but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default more pics to come in the next few days

NO! No aftermarket wheels will be put on this baby but at some point I may get a set of Ruf wheels just to change it up a bit. I do like the stock hollow spoke turbo twists and heavy as they may be I could never tell with this car.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
turbobooost
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GLENN...JUST DUCK TAPE YOUR FOOT TO THE FLOOR AND TURN THE KEY ON !!!! LOL...ENJOY AND THANKS AGAIN..IT WAS A PLEASURE......MBW
Old 04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
parsonii
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glen take some pics of the car in toronto ... even a canadian tire parking lot. i grew up there and miss it. also when you get your ppi done, what were the leakdown numbers?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
You guys are the best and too funny. I did get delayed at the border only because the Americans customs officers couldn't understand that a Canadian Birth Certificate means that one is in fact a Canadian Citizen and travelling with a British Passport does NOT in fact make one a terrorist or an alien. As for the boost..... GOOD GOD!!!!!!! The power in this car never ever ends. One does need a cool head at all times and complete respect for the capabilities of this car. Yes, it does in fact seem more like a rocket ship than a simple kick-around-the-country-side sports car. I would add that Randy and Michelle were great to deal with from Intercity and made the delivery of the baby a very smooth process. Far and beyond that goes a special thank you to Michael Willhoit for his patience in making sure that I was 110% satisfied with this transaction and John Clark of Clark Collision Centre for his expertise and thoroughness in checking every nut and bolt in this car at least three times and never complaining once for a myriad of requests and the additional add-ons that I requested. Lastly, I wouldn't have known about this great team if it hadn't been for the generous advice of a true gentleman and a stellar Rennlister by the name of Dennis Wiseman (TTKan). It has been a long process but Wow, What a ride!
Just for future reference you now need a Canadian passport to get into the US. A birth certificate is not a legally acceptable. Did you actually get into the US with a birth certificate. UK passport requires a Visa so they're really of no use in the US.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

No problem, Parsonii - I was planning on taking some pics in Toronto. I did a leak down test, compression check and complete oil analysis prior to importing the car. The leak down test revealed all cylinders to be within 1.5-2%. The compression test showed all cylinders to be between 145-150 lbs.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM
patchmark
Advanced

Congrats Glenn,

Set up that TT get together.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by patchmark
Congrats Glenn,

Set up that TT get together.
Congrats as well Glenn. Looking forward to seeing her so set up that GTG. There are a few other cars in the group I haven't seen as well.

Getting mine back Sat ( Gotta beg the wife to drive me ) with 60k mile service done, all valve cover gaskets replaced and new PSS10's installed. Ask me if I'm excited.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Well done, Receiver!!! Now, just get a nice detail. Full session at the spa for the car and the wife ... but not necessarily in that order. :-) Are you in for a sunrise cruise on an upcoming Sunday? - Glenn
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Well done, Receiver!!! Now, just get a nice detail. Full session at the spa for the car and the wife ... but not necessarily in that order. :-) Are you in for a sunrise cruise on an upcoming Sunday? - Glenn
Yup.

I'm going to the GTG after I pick her up tomorrow if not raining.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

I may have some family obligations to hold me back from this GTG but I will try and make it if possible for at least a half an hour.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
StoryBook
Advanced

Just read the entire thread. Many congrats. Back in the day I had a black 993 TT. One of the worse decisions selling that thing. But I'm close to being part of the "air cooled" family again.

Quick Reply: Excited to be a member of the forum but...