Sponsored by:

isn't this a R-Lister's car for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 60 Posts

Javier,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen this car in person, but heard it's a BEAST!

Definitely a gorgeous example.

Kevin
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

just logged on.....been at the office all day. My company, UBS Financial, now blocks Rennlist. Amazing, I can manage a guy's $10 million account but I can't log onto RL !! What a freak'n joke.
Anyway, what I don't get is why this car hasn't sold by now. Everybody raves about it and it clearly is an awesome car. What gives?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Parnelli,

The reason this car hasn't sold is actually quite simple... everyone is very concerned about Javier's well being; knowing strangulation is in store for him if it sells. Stay away, everyone.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Anyway, what I don't get is why this car hasn't sold by now. Everybody raves about it and it clearly is an awesome car. What gives?

Trust me, if I didn't have a 35' Formula (boat) sitting on a lift in my slip at the Lake of the Ozarks which I can only use 6 months out of the year
his car would be sold already cont. a PPI and a lengthly discussion with the wife for which I would win.

Truth is, the market has changed in all respects like it or not. That being said there are prob. dozens of guys out there like me that think this car is fairly priced but cannot pull the trigger..........it's a beauty and a ruf, just doesn't get any better than that !!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:32 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

UPDATE

So just wanted to let you guys know where we stand. There's been a whirlwind of interest in the car and I felt that the first person to set up a PPI would be the one I would give first dibs to. So early yesterday a fellow rennlister paid for that PPI. We'll know Friday if there is a deal in place. I'm really humbled by the attention the car has gotten as well as the kind words from all of you. Yes, I know the car is underpriced, but I've always felt there are two ways to price something. One to sell the other to keep. I know I will always regret this sale, but that just means I will have bounce back and aim for that CTR2 Sport!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:53 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Good news/bad news Javier. Good news on the interest. Bad news that interest may turn into a sale.

Why isn't this sold yet? It is VERY difficult to sell this type of cars in this economy. Many enthusiasts are now much more pragmatic regarding their finances. Their hearts say buy, their brains say wait. BTDT. If this is year 2000-2006, car would have been sold long ago. Severe recessions can do that to you.

Best wishes Javier. We will ride again.

CP
Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
UPDATE

So just wanted to let you guys know where we stand. There's been a whirlwind of interest in the car and I felt that the first person to set up a PPI would be the one I would give first dibs to. So early yesterday a fellow rennlister paid for that PPI. We'll know Friday if there is a deal in place. I'm really humbled by the attention the car has gotten as well as the kind words from all of you. Yes, I know the car is underpriced, but I've always felt there are two ways to price something. One to sell the other to keep. I know I will always regret this sale, but that just means I will have bounce back and aim for that CTR2 Sport!
Underpriced? With all this attention that means its priced to market which means you priced it just right!

Congrats and I hope it sells for you
Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
I think I called him last June about this car when I was in the market. I thought it didn't have a back seat at the time which caused me to stop looking at it. Anybody know anything about that backseat situation?
uhhhhh, it has two back seats nearly identical to all other 993's.

cheers

Craig
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

UPDATE

Hopefully I'm at the top of the "if it doesn't sell to the first guy" list...
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=cgfen;7260102]uhhhhh, it has two back seats nearly identical to all other 993's.

cheers

Dude, no need for the "roll eyes" BS. I am well aware that these cars have a back seat. I own a '97 993 TT. My point was (and if you would have read correctly) that I spoke w/ someone who had REMOVED the back seats and installed a sound system.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

UPDATE

Niche-

It's Friday and we are a waiting to hear if a deal came together . Any updates?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
niche
Drifting

UPDATE:

Sale is pending... on the drive back from the PPI, I developed major seller's remorse. The car is running perfect. Looks beautiful... I wanna cry. Good news: buyer is a rennlister!!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 PM
niche
Drifting

I'm sorry if I didn't e-mail some of you guys or PM you. I got so many inquiries that I'm not sure who I e-mailed and who I didn't. Hopefully everyone will see this.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:37 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
niche
Drifting

Steve,

Yeah, I know, buddy... On the plus side, how many people can say they owned their dream car, even if it was only for 2 years? I can. Thank you for introducing me to RUFUS and for telling me about my car... and I have to thank you, Pong and Terry for driving back from Dallas with me! Once in a lifetime experience!

Quick Reply: isn't this a R-Lister's car for sale?