Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust surgery!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The patient is back home and has fully recovered!

The wide oval tips in black velvet look imposing and they protrude a bit beyond the bumper. And the sound is nasty! No burbling but a nice basso profundo snarl. No resonance noted.

The trip home was extremely hairy. I let my son drive it the 80 miles back to the south bay. It was his first time driving it solo. As soon as we left Darin's a huge flash of lightening streaked across the sky and it began to deluge. We get to the intersection at Vasco road which is a 20 mile section through cattle ranches over a pass and down into the Livermore Vally. While we are waiting at the light, I notice white stuff all over the road. It is hailing! Soon the road is completely covered and cars up ahead are turning around rather than braving the pass on a hail covered road. We pull over for a minute and he tells me he is comfortable continuing, so we pull back out onto the road. Then a miracle occurred and the road suddenly was clear of the hail. While it continued to deluge on and off at least there was no ice. We made it home safely and as soon as the car cooled off, it was properly bathed and put away for a sunnier day.

It was a pleasure dealing with Darin and Mark and I am extremely plesased with the results. I consider it an improvement over the Fabspeed bypasses I formerly ran.

Take note that Darin showed me their newest shop t-shirts and you should all begin begging for one as they are quite nice looking!

Thanks again to Darin and Mark!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad it all worked out, Hal. But the big question remains... did you get a sticker?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

No sticker
Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hal m
The patient is back home and has fully recovered!

The wide oval tips in black velvet look imposing and they protrude a bit beyond the bumper. And the sound is nasty! No burbling but a nice basso profundo snarl. No resonance noted.

The trip home was extremely hairy. I let my son drive it the 80 miles back to the south bay. It was his first time driving it solo. As soon as we left Darin's a huge flash of lightening streaked across the sky and it began to deluge. We get to the intersection at Vasco road which is a 20 mile section through cattle ranches over a pass and down into the Livermore Vally. While we are waiting at the light, I notice white stuff all over the road. It is hailing! Soon the road is completely covered and cars up ahead are turning around rather than braving the pass on a hail covered road. We pull over for a minute and he tells me he is comfortable continuing, so we pull back out onto the road. Then a miracle occurred and the road suddenly was clear of the hail. While it continued to deluge on and off at least there was no ice. We made it home safely and as soon as the car cooled off, it was properly bathed and put away for a sunnier day.

It was a pleasure dealing with Darin and Mark and I am extremely plesased with the results. I consider it an improvement over the Fabspeed bypasses I formerly ran.

Take note that Darin showed me their newest shop t-shirts and you should all begin begging for one as they are quite nice looking!

Thanks again to Darin and Mark!
Wow, that was one heck of a first solo drive for your son! Glad you guys made it without issues. Hail can be a bad thing... funny, not sure any of that made it over to the shop.
Great to meet you!

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Glad it all worked out, Hal. But the big question remains... did you get a sticker?
No sticker
Doh!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:48 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, what a story. I'm glad you guys made it back safely!
As for the shop shirts and the now infamous "sticker"....they are on the way. Thanks Hal!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

I was also afraid that the hail would damage the paint. I don't drive the car in the rain, and there we are in a hail storm. But when I washed it later that day, I could not detect any damage from the hail.

I am planning a serious professional detailing with machine polishing this spring anyway, but glad nothing more serious than a case of nerves was involved!

I am looking forward to the shirts and STICKER! Thanks again Darin and Mark!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Just got the shirts! Wow, that was fast. The shirts are great, BUT, I could NOT find a STICKER in the package. Do they exist!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:41 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Just got the shirts! Wow, that was fast. The shirts are great, BUT, I could NOT find a STICKER in the package. Do they exist!!!
yes!

stickers went out today.... different FDM division
Old 01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

I wonder how much I can sell mine for on eBay???
Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Got Stickers!

Thanks mark!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Got Stickers!

Thanks mark!
Great... you are welcome

We'd better not see them on eBay. They are priceless!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Got Stickers!

Thanks mark!
Ah, so they do exist!

Quick Reply: Exhaust surgery!