Sponsored by:

First of the summer drives

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:51 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First of the summer drives

Went for a drive with a few friends today........ the Turbo S was the only that looked like keeping up with the 430 Scud.............we drove south of Sydney into the very touristy Southern Highlands........the "general public" were so incredibly polite.......they pulled off the road to let us through at every opportunity and this was great. It was a great day........lets do another one!
Attached Images           
Old 10-25-2009, 09:43 AM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hiflexaust
the "general public" were so incredibly polite.......they pulled off the road to let us through at every opportunity and this was great.
No such love here. Nice pics. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:53 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed that your wipers are parked on RH driver's side! Why does Porsche do that? I just had mine moved to that side so they wouldn't block the beautiful view out the LH driver's side? If they are going to bother switching them around, why don't they park them on the passenger's side?

Anyway, nice bunch of cars and good to see the Sourthern Hemisphere enjoying their summer as we park for the winter
Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

is that blue one a TVR? how does it go? nice pics. you are going for a first drive and with winter approaching here we are going for our last drive soon.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
and with winter approaching here we are going for our last drive soon.
What's winter?
Old 10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Default Yep.....sure is

Originally Posted by Turbodan
is that blue one a TVR? how does it go? nice pics. you are going for a first drive and with winter approaching here we are going for our last drive soon.
The blue one is a TVR.......they are very rare here in Aust, but we had two on this drive....I will post some more pics in a sec and show you the other one. They go like a scalded cat and the noise is something else.......they are a straight six that must rev to a million revs and they are so damn loud but they really are very pretty, if a bit quirky........I'd have one in a flash.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Default Damn Wipers

Originally Posted by pstoppani
I noticed that your wipers are parked on RH driver's side! Why does Porsche do that? I just had mine moved to that side so they wouldn't block the beautiful view out the LH driver's side? If they are going to bother switching them around, why don't they park them on the passenger's side?

Anyway, nice bunch of cars and good to see the Sourthern Hemisphere enjoying their summer as we park for the winter
Yep, you are so right...the damn things just ruin a perfect view........I have now removed the second wiper as it is not necessary and when I am on the track and the weather is fine, I remove them altogether......
Old 10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Default some more photos

a few more....and more to come
Attached Images           
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Riods007
Advanced

Default Rims

What are those wheels? Nice!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Riods007
What are those wheels? Nice!
Mine....on the 993? They are Simmons Wheels from Australia. They are a component rim used by a lot of Aussie racers...they are light and repairable but they have just closed their doors as the owner retired and could not or did not sell the business on, possibly because of the GFC. I have collected 3 sets of them and have painted them different colors to see what I liked.........not sure I have settled yet although the black ones look better than the body colored ones. I also have a set of grey ones which I am ambivalent about.........I am seriously thinking about having a full wrap done on my car and if I do, then I may get the wheels painted to suit???????

Quick Reply: First of the summer drives