Sponsored by:

993 suspension needs

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Teza
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 suspension needs

I was out on a drive with the local Porsche club Saturday with my recently acquired 1996 993TT. One of the other guys had a 993 Carrera S with just the right lowered look I want. He has the Row springs and special longer threaded HD Bilsteins from Carnewal installed. I had already picked up a set of 993TT Eibach lowering springs but may just bag them and go for the same Carnewal setup as the 993 Carrera S for the 996TT, Row and Bilsteins HDs.

I have searched the forum for suspension stuff and it appears that the softer spring rate Eibachs with the Carnewal Bilstein HDs may result in the tires being right about at fender height instead of about 1" below the fender.

My question is; Anybody already have a good used set of the above setup for sale? Just thought I would ask before buying everything new.

I am not interested in tracking the car but can't stand the USA ride height. I am totally experienced at angling up driveways and such with my other lowered cars.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Teza
Intermediate

I guess I will just have to answere my own inquiry.

Gert at Carnewal said the Eibachs will lower my 993TT 2" and that would put the tops of the tires right at the bottom of the fenders. Too low even for my taste. The threaded special Carnewal Bilstein HDs may raise the spring perches a little so there is less lowering. Maybe only 1.25 inches lower.

Regardless, I am still interested in acquiring a used RoW setup if anyone has that setup available because you moved up...or is it down..to a Bisltein PSS9 or Pss10 setup, etc, and then I will re-sell the Eibachs.

email jrccalvin@msn.com

Last edited by Teza; 10-20-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: add email
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with PSS9s when I had my 993 TT and they were really good for the street. You really need GT3 Sways and dropouts though because the PSS9s really put pressure on the remaining stock parts if you dont get the Sways/dropout setup
If your car is original then your shocks are gone anyway.
For the infrequent track day the PSS9/10 setup is good to just adjust to 1 front 2 rear then back to your
street settings for afterward.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:54 AM
V
Rennlist Member

OG, what do you mean by "GT3 sways"?

I thought the most popular route with the pss9's (when set low) was to go with the RS sway bars and drop links. I have a ROW 993TT so my sway bars are already 21/22mm. But I just had a front droplink brake on me so I'm thinking of going for RS drop links. Maybe no need to replace the sway bars? My car sits at just above RS ride height.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
For the infrequent track day the PSS9/10 setup is good to just adjust to 1 front 2 rear then back to your
street settings for afterward.
Settings on the 9 and the 10 are different.

On the 9, 1 is firmest.

On the 10, 10 is the firmest.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vhanzon
OG, what do you mean by "GT3 sways"?

I thought the most popular route with the pss9's (when set low) was to go with the RS sway bars and drop links. I have a ROW 993TT so my sway bars are already 21/22mm. But I just had a front droplink brake on me so I'm thinking of going for RS drop links. Maybe no need to replace the sway bars? My car sits at just above RS ride height.
I've heard of GT2 sways.
http://www.rennsportsystems.com/~porsche/993.html

Quick Reply: 993 suspension needs