30 MPG the Hard Way!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hwyranger
San Diego State University.

You are correct about beam shift, proving it in court sucks! Hope for judge Marshmallow!!
Ya, most traffic judges are former DA's and back the cops, but the easy way to back door the question is refer to the Lidar manual, The following is taken from an actual case, some of the names have been changed except mine.

Jimmy to Cop....Officer as part of the Lidar training you read the manual?

Cop....Yes. (Note: f***ing lie).

Jimmy ...Let me refer to page 87 Officer, it says that on page 87 the operator must use a tripod on distances over 800 feet. Were you aware of that?

Cop...Ummm. Tripod! (Note: The tripod is a pia to use on a motorcycly unit. He's never read the manual. He didn't know it existed!)

Judge, may I see that manual,

Jimmy, yes Your Honor, Jimmy hands a photocopy of the manual to the bailiff who presents it to the Judge.

Judge, This is only a photocopy of what appears to be a manual, and it cannot be used as evidence..(Court trying to protect Cop from embarrassing situtation).

Jimmy, Your Honor If I may, I requested that the City of Irvine produce the manual and this is what they provided. Judge looks at interogs to confirm.

Judge... Officer do you have a tripod?

Cop... We'll yes they are available.

Jimmy.... Officer were you using it on the day of the citiation.

Cop... Ahhh no, I hold it like they taught me at the police academy. (Demonstrates by holding supporting his right wrist with his left hand).

The judge see's the Cop supervisor trying to get the attention of the court and grants a brief recess. The cops know I have their number on manipulaing speed! They don't want to get into the science. (Note: I've subpeoned Professor Franklin from the local college to testify)

Cop comes back and asks the judge to dismiss the case. This helps the judge from ruling against the Cops.

Since this day in court I've tried to lead an exemplary life, and I pass this information on so it may help some of the Rennlisters who run afoul of the law through no fault of their own by trying to enjoy their Porsches.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God, I love it when you speak "Lawyer", Jimmy!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 AM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats Jim! I've lived that fantasy court scene as often as I've had fantasy affairs with 18 year old Russian gymnasts, but in my real world I'll just pay the fine and console myself with the alcoholism, divorce and suicide rates of cops.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
Congrats Jim! I've lived that fantasy court scene as often as I've had fantasy affairs with 18 year old Russian gymnasts, but in my real world I'll just pay the fine and console myself with the alcoholism, divorce and suicide rates of cops.
Don,
Think of defending a ticket like buying two sets of track tires and 50 gallons of 100 octane. Your fantasy can be a reality with $.
Like the winners in Vegas, I don't talk about the losses, but the wins....Priceless.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trafic cops are parasites. No different than a purse snatcher in a parking lot...
Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool testimony. And congrats on the dismissal. I know some LIDAR units have an internal "check" if it suspects beam shift and will give an error reading.

Now, we all know that nobody drives 65mph, heck nobody drives 70mph in the areas of Cali where 70 is the limit. Cali's average highway speed is approx. 80+mph IMO (outside of stop and go traffic of course!) Why would an Officer resort to beam shift when he can write tickets all day without it?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim:My tickets are in two different courts, both over 200 miles from home. The total for both is about $450. To fight would involve travel, lodging, meals and legal fees with no assurance of victory. I'm too practical and not quite angry enough to go for it.
Hwyranger:My guess is that someone pooping along in the left lane about 20 miles prior to the speed trap called 911 when I passed them on the right, so the cop made sure I got a ticket by using beam shift to add 5mph.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Hwyranger
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL, damn those do gooders!

Quick Reply: 30 MPG the Hard Way!