Sponsored by:

Andial Owns

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Shawsan, a Turbo R and a 3.8 twin plug TT are very different animals.

The later will put a few seconds easily on a relatively fast track vs. the RUF. There is not much that can compete with an Andial twin plug or a similar tuner setup on the track, especially if it has some well sorted suspension setup to which they are particularily sensitive. With 300lbs less weight you start putting 6-7 seconds over the fastest 997 GT3RS on a fast track.

Well done 911/Q45 the satisfaction of seeing these old cars up there with the greatest on a track is immense.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:28 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawsan
I'm a bit skeptical regarding the performance of the Stradale. As other have mentioned, and you know, the Stradale has a big advantage in the corners. It's 500lbs lighter than your 993 Andial TT, it has huge ceramic near zero-fade brakes, it has a better weight distribution with almost neutral slide and hardly any oversteer, and you can't compete with its F1 shifting. Your PSS9 suspension will help, and if you're good at heel and toe, you'll get good launch out of the corners, but the Stradale should be ahead of you. On the straight, its a different matter of course with your huge torque advantage, but the straight has to be long enough for the Andial tweeking to pay dividends because the value-added doesn't come on until 4000 rpms +. And if the Stradale is at all modified -- and most arn't -- then I think the gap in straight line performance would vanish as well.

I haven't raced my Stradale on a track with my modified 993TT, but I can say my track days in the Stradale are much more solid than in my 993TT and I doubt very much I could overtake the Stradale. FYI my 993TT is modified to Ruf TurboR specs (by another outfit), producing 490HP, has PSS10, and a short shift. My Stradale has Hyperflow cats and weight saving battery, resulting in about 30 more HP and 40lbs weight reduction.

Finally, and as you know, driving skills are No. 1 in the equation. Stradale owners tend to be pretty spirited so I'd expect him/her to be on the throttle but, then again, they could be relatively inexperienced. And you sound as though you've got some solid driving skills. So, perhaps, a more capable driver in the Stradale, not necessarily Schumi himself, would put on a better show.

And then, there's the tires .... and then... Anyway, many thanks for the post, fun reading and thinking about it.
shawsan,
I guess it may have to do with the track configuration as well as driver. I have a good idea on the power of an Ruf, as I've raced several and their 490 rating is quite conservative, more like 520! Since it's the power under the curve that counts your Ruf is putting out about 750nm of torque compared to 373 for the Ferrari! My money would be on the Ruf with equal drivers unless it was a parking lot gymkana.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Stradale is lighter that the Ruf Turbo R, but not by much (216 lbs)...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...=246690&page=8

Quick Reply: Andial Owns