Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Thinking of selling my TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009 | 01:27 PM
AGC
Racer

Default OT: Thinking of selling my TT

I know this is a touchy subject, but I have been thinking of selling my car lately. Between family and work, I just don't get to use it much at all. I have maybe put a couple of thousand miles in the last couple of years. Thinking of selling it and just waiting till my kids get older (currently 5 and 3) before buying something else, depending on what the car is worth I was thinking of using the funds to buy a second home or just banking it for now.

The car is a 1996 993TT black/grey, 13k miles, no accident/stories, services by PowerTech, 2 sets of wheels (HRE/factory). What do you think it's worth

Let me know what you guys think about the price and whether to sell or not

Thanks
AGC
Old 05-08-2009 | 02:03 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Originally Posted by AGC
I know this is a touchy subject, but I have been thinking of selling my car lately. Between family and work, I just don't get to use it much at all. I have maybe put a couple of thousand miles in the last couple of years. Thinking of selling it and just waiting till my kids get older (currently 5 and 3) before buying something else, depending on what the car is worth I was thinking of using the funds to buy a second home or just banking it for now.

The car is a 1996 993TT black/grey, 13k miles, no accident/stories, services by PowerTech, 2 sets of wheels (HRE/factory). What do you think it's worth

Let me know what you guys think about the price and whether to sell or not

Thanks
AGC
My thick response: whatever someone is willing to pay in this or any economy.

Seriously - sounds like a great car. Would seem to me that you could/should get north of 80k. Just my .02.
Old 05-08-2009 | 02:48 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

sell or not?
I'd suggest not selling, unless you need to. Wait a bit for the market to climb back up.
Then again, with the low miles on yours, it might not matter...
Old 05-08-2009 | 03:57 PM
V
Rennlist Member

I agree with Mark here. Now is not a good time to sell. If you can wait a year or so, then that would be much better. Now go drive that thing

And as far as banking with these low interest rates, I think you would be better off selling it in a year from now that dumping it now and putting the money in a savings account. But you can always throw in an ad and see what happens..
Old 05-08-2009 | 04:34 PM
Bergamasco
Three Wheelin'

I saw one that just sold in Toronto for $84,000 Cdn which is about $70k Usd. It was a mint one owner car with sports seats and 30k miles. It looked fabulous. I wish I had the money but I am still very happy with my car. - Glenn
Old 05-08-2009 | 09:34 PM
AGC
Racer

Thanks for all of your advise,

Agree with selling it now due to the economy, at this time I am not sure I am selling it yet.

Just wanted to get an idea from other folks on what it's worth

Quick Reply: OT: Thinking of selling my TT