993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any one else remove the rear wipers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:05 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Alright. Got me thinking here, as getting indecisive - not a good sign is it! Don't need more delays with this RS conversion. Called up a guy at Porsche AG, and another at local dealer. View: its up to you which ever way you wana go Mr TT. RS glass or 993TT rear wiper delete - bear in mind that the one with defroster is stronger built than the thinner RS glass. If it makes any dfference to you!

Staying with the order for rear glass/wiper delete, with defroster.

As you say, each to his own. All best.
Old 05-06-2009 | 11:31 AM
ScottMellor
Drifting

And to reply to ScottMellor: Yes I do drive mine in the rain, I just never look back
Classic! Reminds me of Raul Julia in "The Canonball Run" ripping the rear view mirror off of the Daytona and tossing it.
I personally just like pushing buttons and having something happen. Of course that could be PTSD from growing up in England where, a lot of times on a Lucas Electric (AKA Prince of Darkness) equipped vehicle, pushing a button resulted in a small fire.
Old 05-06-2009 | 11:36 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Haha, classic indeed. But I must admit, those are not my words. I just thought they would fit very well in the context . I seem tp typically prefer RS parts over standard parts. Each to his own..
Old 05-07-2009 | 09:40 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Don't any of you guys drive your cars in the rain!!!!
Yes, so? You back up yours or something?
I personally never look through the rear window when backing up, mirrors are for that and are much better in close spots.

At the moment mine's "plugged', been like that for years and hopefully get a new rear glass or lexan soon.
Old 05-07-2009 | 12:44 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Actually I must admit, I nearly spun on an onramp a couple of months ago in the rain, and it probably would have been worse to see the approaching freeway abutment through the rear window!

(A big heartfelt "thank-you" to all my DE instructors for helping me have a happy ending on THAT one!)
Old 05-07-2009 | 06:31 PM
vincentdds
Racer

I kept mine for sentimental reason. Besides how many modern sports car have rear wiper anymore? Hahaha
Old 05-07-2009 | 08:20 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

With mods like this I always think back to the 63' Corvette Split window coupe.(although this would be reversible) Back then when they came out with the wrap around window a lot of people changed out their split window and now the unmolested split window car is worth double what the others are. I guess I'm just partial to stock.
Old 05-08-2009 | 06:16 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I guess I am in the minority, but I like the look of the rear wiper, especially in the rain
Old 05-09-2009 | 07:49 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

You can use the 944 plug kit. Black metal plug and proper rubber gaskets designed for the hole. Works great...

Quick Reply: any one else remove the rear wipers?