Sponsored by:

OT: very sick little girl

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just said a long prayer for her. This brings tears to my eyes as we had a family member go through this same thing one year ago. Fell from a cherry picker bucket 30 feet in the air onto concrete, head first. It is hard on everyone.

I only tell you this because the silver lining is that he is still with us, still has 100% of his wit and is actually quite funny! He has the most wonderful outlook on life considering, and we are all thankful daily to still have him in our lives. He is not 100% physically, probably never will be, but his brain recovery was incredible. He improved daily over a nine month period, even when you thought more recovery was all but hopeless.

Keep praying and believe in modern medicine. She has a chance, and don't ever stop believing that.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One other point: he was day to day for survival for almost a month, so that does not mean the worst. It took him almost a month to simply respond to us. Hang in there.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:28 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats really encouraging Robert. Thanks for sharing that. We won't give up hopeing for a full recovery, but she is awake at times but totally blank. Then she drifts off again.
Knowing that you know someone that has been through this and basically come out the other side, really helps a lot.
She looks so beautifull and totally normal just sleeping. We'll get there.
Thanks again
Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Keep praying and believe in modern medicine. She has a chance, and don't ever stop believing that.
Havent stopped praying here

Keep us updated on her, please.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I will certainly pray for her and your families. Take good care, trust the Lord and this community is behind you all the way.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:15 AM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 993Man, all of us over the pond wish you, your family and most importantly your neice all the best. I wont speak for them, but I am sure Q, Simon, Malcolm and the rest are in agreement with me when I say that we have your neice in our dreams and prayers and we hope you are given the result you need and deserve. Good Luck Mate, from all of us over here!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:33 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Just read your story. How sad. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you; I hope for the best outcome. Just keep the faith;
Old 04-05-2009, 06:25 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Originally Posted by hiflexaust
Hey 993Man, all of us over the pond wish you, your family and most importantly your neice all the best. I wont speak for them, but I am sure Q, Simon, Malcolm and the rest are in agreement with me when I say that we have your neice in our dreams and prayers and we hope you are given the result you need and deserve. Good Luck Mate, from all of us over here!
Hey we really appreciate all the support from everyone.
I spent time with Tessa yesterday and it's a very sad thing to see, especially for someone so young, and with her whole life ahead of her. Some good came out of my visit when I asked her to squeeze my hand if she knew I was there and she did. but in reality this kid is in another place right now. Hopefully it's not too dark.
She is still in a semi coma if that make sense and she has been moved to the High dependancy unit. They hope to take out her tracioptimy this week, but theres really little more they can do.
The best way to describe what it's like is, well, she is like a new born baby.
There is a lonnnnnnnnnng road ahead for her.
Tessa will be moved into the rehab unit when she's totally stable, and where the recovery will begin.
Thanks again guys. Your continued support means a lot to us. More than you will ever know.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I am new to this reading this thread, and to read the progress since the first post is amazing. I am happy I have not been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the results. This is a tragic story, and although I don't know you or her personally, I feel tremendous hurt for you guys. I am not a religious man, but I hope for the best and I'm so glad has been given a second chance. I am really looking forward to hearing about her progress.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:12 PM
993MAN
Drifting

I have had a few PM's asking after Tessa. I was reluctant to post because, to be honest I am over all the doom and gloom of everything. I didn't want to bum anyone out.
But she is pretty messed up and awake but in a coma, if that makes sense.
She looks brain dead and has little reaction. All day she thrashes her legs around and rolls about. That it really.
She's had another operation yesterday and now they can inject food directly into her tummy, rather than through her nose. Poor kid.
Short of a miracle, in reality this is going to be a long haul to recovery.
So unless there is some positive news I will leave this subject alone for a while.
As always, thanks for all your support from everyone here.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
gooseNSJ4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unhappy

I am very sorry! My prayers are with her for speedy RECOVERY!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 AM
candersoh
4th Gear

i'm deeply moved. aside from my prayers, is there anything that you all need that could help? i wish your family all the strength and keep your hope alive.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've not seen this thread until tonight. I can't tell you how sorry I am for your family's tradgedy. You are all in our prayers.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

I cannot believe I missed this. Very sorry to hear of the accident and glad to read of the improvement on the other thread. Pulling for Tessa in TX
Old 05-13-2009, 11:24 PM
equ
Racer

I'm very sorry to see this. I have been very close to people from Dunedin/Otago, and while I've never been there feel like a neighbor. All the best wishes from across the globe.

Quick Reply: OT: very sick little girl