Sponsored by:

My exhaust project is ready

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My exhaust project is ready

My aim was to save weight from back, get maximum free flow exhaust to help in heat and exhaust pressure thing and also to get room for rear diffuser..
Specs: 100 cell CATs from Turbokraft, Fabspeed mufflers, 3 and 2.5 inch tubes.
Total weight for whole package is 14 kilos.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 AM
sfl993t4
Instructor

I like it, looks like a good plan.
Are you planning a diffuser like the dp widebody prototype? I've always liked the look of it.
Are your mufflers/silencers in the stock location? I'm making up some re-packable mufflers at the moment with a bolted flange so that I can choose to run with or without packing (depending on noise regs and which track).
The radius in your cat exit pipe on the right hand picture looks a bit tight/restrictive. Is there any more space to get a larger radius bend in?
Is it an egt sensor in your headers? I'm considering fitting the zeitronix egt and wb lambda sensors to mine at the moment.
Have fun.
Steve
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Aren't you affraid that all the heat is now being concentrated in the 2 corners whereas it is normally spread all over the rear bumper.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

will you freeze now?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:01 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by sfl993t4
I like it, looks like a good plan.
Are you planning a diffuser like the dp widebody prototype? I've always liked the look of it.
Are your mufflers/silencers in the stock location? I'm making up some re-packable mufflers at the moment with a bolted flange so that I can choose to run with or without packing (depending on noise regs and which track).
The radius in your cat exit pipe on the right hand picture looks a bit tight/restrictive. Is there any more space to get a larger radius bend in?
Is it an egt sensor in your headers? I'm considering fitting the zeitronix egt and wb lambda sensors to mine at the moment.
Have fun.
Steve
Hi, thanks for those DP model pictures. I haven't seen them before. Yes something similar I could do. I like to leave edges of rear bumper and just cut 2/3 from center - like in F360/430. I put some sketch pictures to another diffuser thread.
Mufflers are not in their original place. They are located as high and as back as possible to get room for tube from Cat. Radius for bends are as smooth as they can for that usable space. There was about 35 cm empty space and I had to do 3" bend, 2.5" bend plus 25cm CAT to fit there, 35<>8+25+6 ! so it was a challenging job

Yes it is an egt sensor. I have there many datalog sensors installed. There are K-type temp and (back)pressure sensors in both headers. Two wideband lambdas after turbos. Plus temp & pressure sensors before and after IC. I am going to test that 9M Marston core IC when I have possibility. I have been waiting that since first of november when I got my car ready but here is always raining..
I just did a little test few weeks ago but the road was wet and no grip for first 3 gears.. but I noticed then that my "700hp" Ford Lightning MAF threw over 5 volts in full throttle acceleration.. so that 9M IC is very promising compared to the restrictive stock IC.. Have to wait time for airport..
Old 12-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by Gert
Aren't you affraid that all the heat is now being concentrated in the 2 corners whereas it is normally spread all over the rear bumper.
After those pictures I welded extra heat shields on top of cat for those corners. These exhaust parts gets free air from wheel arch but I'm a little worried about heat. Maybe it would be good idea to open a holes to the rear bumper for places where CATs are.. This is an R&D thing, so have to develop it more if needed.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you considered ceramic coating the whole affair? Might help with the heat...
Old 12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get rid of the mufflers.....that's the key and its not too loud...unless you are really on it...saves a ton of weight and the engine loves it.

I run straight out from the cats.

Quick Reply: My exhaust project is ready