Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 flare fasteners

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spartan, I only had a problem with the rears. Like you, they didn't fill out the wheel wells and I too, didn't want to use spacers. Gert told us that he had checked them out on his C4 and they were fine - even included pictures to prove it. Unfortunately he mounted them sans tires and the pictures were of his car up on a lift! My tech still had an old Roock Racing wheel with the proper offset. We mounted a tire on it, put it back on the ground, took some pix and Gert was happy. He took the issue up with BBS. I was living in London at the time and fellow RL'r Phelix was on his way to Spa. We loaded the rears up in his back seat and he made the delivery to Gert on his way. Joy all around!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spartan, yeah Gert is great. Had him set me up with the Alcantara Motorsport Cup steering wheel. That thing is BEYOND sweet. Sounds like you're having as much fun with your rears as I had with my front wheels with BBS...hang in there man.

You can't go wrong with the 928 Leather Shop, Robert is great and did my alcantara headliner and trim with french seams.

Can't wait to see it coming together!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Spartan,

I bought Cargraphic wheels and tires and fitted them first, and then I fitted the flares. It took some time, but I gave the car the exact look I wanted. Then I removed the flares again when I widened my track even more, and again looked great. I think that is the trick?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
Spartan,

I bought Cargraphic wheels and tires and fitted them first, and then I fitted the flares. It took some time, but I gave the car the exact look I wanted. Then I removed the flares again when I widened my track even more, and again looked great. I think that is the trick?
Cargraphic flares don't leave much to work with. The really are "bolt on" and you can move them to gain more width without making them fit like crap. Due to my time fram I need to get the car in to the paint shop first while dealing with BBS at the same time. The fronts wheels are great and I'll get the rears sorted hear shortly
Old 01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Josh, my order is finally in with Gert, thanks Bert
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

Dont look to me for any help.....

I am still gettign the run around from Work - I was going to try Simmons (local to me - at least country wise) and if not will send emails to Gert.... I just get bent over on the exchange rate thats all.....

I know the stock bolts are M6 but when i fitted them - I was worried they were too small.... I opted to go up a size - and am happy with the results - IMHOP they look just as good - especialy on a black car

Simon.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are making me SO glad I can't afford to do this! Gee Wiz I want to do this.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by md11plt
You guys are making me SO glad I can't afford to do this! Gee Wiz I want to do this.
hehe its not that bad if you do all the work yourself
Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

Tom,

Do it !!!

Do you know how to make a Million Dollars in Motorsport?

Start with TWO Million !!

Simon.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe after you guys post the DIY! With part numbers, of course.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:33 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

No kidding. If they posted a DIY with part #s, I'm sure a LOT of us would be doing this. Count me in.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a general question regarding flare attachments, not specific to the GT2. I am in the process of doing some work to my S2000 for track. The flares I have ordered are riveted on, like the GT2 flares. I realize the depending on how high you mount the flares, it will dictate the wheel offsets you can use. Is it typical to first bolt on the flares and then measure for wheels? Or can you get a set of wheels and then mount the flares correctly for the wheels? Reason I am asking is I plan to use a specific wheel, width and offset.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jon70
I have a general question regarding flare attachments, not specific to the GT2. I am in the process of doing some work to my S2000 for track. The flares I have ordered are riveted on, like the GT2 flares. I realize the depending on how high you mount the flares, it will dictate the wheel offsets you can use. Is it typical to first bolt on the flares and then measure for wheels? Or can you get a set of wheels and then mount the flares correctly for the wheels? Reason I am asking is I plan to use a specific wheel, width and offset.
Fitting the fenders to the wheels would be best of course but depending on how your flares are molded you might not have a choice without doing a custom flare out of your custom flare
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
Fitting the fenders to the wheels would be best of course but depending on how your flares are molded you might not have a choice without doing a custom flare out of your custom flare
Thats what I thought. I think I Will wait until the flares are on the car and measure before ordering the wheels.

Quick Reply: GT2 flare fasteners