Old 11-17-2008 | 05:39 PM
nicu
Racer

a ctr is in the works
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2008 | 08:57 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Ugly stick was out in full force the day that current CTR-3 was penned.

Yuk!

Yasin
Old 11-17-2008 | 09:58 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by harris
to be honest I do not believe you!!!

LOL

harris

p.s. no offense
I don't like it either, and you can start disbelieving another one here.... No offense, as always.
Old 11-18-2008 | 04:21 AM
nicu
Racer

since you guys seem to like the ctr3 so much,i tought i'd post a few more
Attached Images     
Old 11-18-2008 | 05:25 AM
Guns951
Race Car

I like it in spirit but do wish the rear haunches were more sedate like the GT1's. But its clear that function has taken place over form. Very happy it made the transition from pen & paper to reality.
Old 11-18-2008 | 12:57 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Maybe to see it in another color might help...maybe white or red or???
Old 11-18-2008 | 02:10 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

I think I know why the car looks strange to me with those new pics (especially second batch, rear view from ground level):

1. the roof is too big and wide for the body. Looks hydrocephalic when viewed from behind.

2. Front end proportion still looks like a toy version of a GT3. Too "cutesy." Not what I would pay $4-500+K for.
Old 11-18-2008 | 02:33 PM
nicu
Racer

Originally Posted by jimhsu
I think I know why the car looks strange to me with those new pics (especially second batch, rear view from ground level):

1. the roof is too big and wide for the body. Looks hydrocephalic when viewed from behind.

2. Front end proportion still looks like a toy version of a GT3. Too "cutesy." Not what I would pay $4-500+K for.

cute is good,i like cute,try to imagine how "cute" it will look coming at you in your back view miror,oh and btw it's $533k ex tax today
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2008 | 08:18 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Yeah nicu I know what CTR3 looks like. More pics will not be necessary. Just might showcase its cuteness even more.

I like my sports car handsome, sleek, cool, stylish....not cute and toy-car-like. The smile on that CTR3 combined with the funny proportions just edges its cuteness above Miata's.

High price tags don't force me to like a car any longer ever since....uh, high school?

$533K+? I would consider than a big waste of my money, because I don't like it. Your experience may vary.

Coming at me in my rear view mirror? I would think that if you have a $533K+ car you would know not to drive straight into a jalopy like mine. Won't you go around, you got the HP to do that right, you who has spent @ 9 times the $$ for a car that looks fuglier than mine??

See, we can go on like this forever, and I am more than happy to oblige, but there is nothing you can say, post, or snark that will force me to like the CTR3. Not when it has a Mini-like cuteness to the nose uncommensurate with its high price tag, and a flat wide squat head with bizarre oval slit cut-outs for rear windows, and needs a rear-viewing CAMERA in order to see....please.

Last edited by jimhsu; 11-18-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2008 | 09:15 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Here it is....

the inspiration for that funny-proportioned CTR3 nose indeed came straight from Weissach.

(the new Weissach Motorsport Center's "Pimp-My-Cushman" cart)
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2008 | 09:56 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

In all seriousness, in person it probably looks pretty good. Pictures are so hard. I mean remember when you saw pics of the Cayennne and though, "God that's Ugly!!!"....and then you saw one in person and were like, "God that's Ugly".....all kidding aside, in person I bet it would win over a lot of people....From the driver's seat, it would win EVERYONE over....just keep it covered in the garage...kidding...reallly I am.
Old 11-19-2008 | 04:51 AM
nicu
Racer

Originally Posted by jimhsu
Yeah nicu I know what CTR3 looks like. More pics will not be necessary. Just might showcase its cuteness even more.

I like my sports car handsome, sleek, cool, stylish....not cute and toy-car-like. The smile on that CTR3 combined with the funny proportions just edges its cuteness above Miata's.

High price tags don't force me to like a car any longer ever since....uh, high school?

$533K+? I would consider than a big waste of my money, because I don't like it. Your experience may vary.

Coming at me in my rear view mirror? I would think that if you have a $533K+ car you would know not to drive straight into a jalopy like mine. Won't you go around, you got the HP to do that right, you who has spent @ 9 times the $$ for a car that looks fuglier than mine??

See, we can go on like this forever, and I am more than happy to oblige, but there is nothing you can say, post, or snark that will force me to like the CTR3. Not when it has a Mini-like cuteness to the nose uncommensurate with its high price tag, and a flat wide squat head with bizarre oval slit cut-outs for rear windows, and needs a rear-viewing CAMERA in order to see....please.

Oh man,the frustration,the frustration... i really dig how you like your sports cars cool and stylish with a uhmm muffler delete and a strut brace
anyway i'm just messing with you...
Old 11-19-2008 | 10:26 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

nicu...man as long as you're happy, why care what anyone else thinks. (Besides fun banter) Personally, you are on another performance planet w/the CTR3...I mean, what can touch that? Its a killer car...so some of us don't love the look...maybe a few pics w/a prop or two....like a smokin hot chick...that always helps. Hell an AMC Gremlin looked cool when Linda Vaughn stood next to it w/her assets in plain view....try one of those and repost. I'm sure a man of your means would have no trouble finding candidates....
Old 11-19-2008 | 10:01 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Nicu

Love it bro. Think I will take a quick jump over the big lake so you can take me for a spin.

Quick Reply: Ruf ctr - 3 generations