993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very cheap Turbo S !

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
ok i went to check out the car today and it looked very clean, engine started right away and sounded nice with no funny noises or anything. Interior looked nice did not look worn, but the seats were regular seats not the sport version. The PO also traded in his 1994 turbo 3.6 that they have their as well....
What in the world did the previous owner buy that required him to trade in both of those cars? WOW!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:45 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

997 turbo with 700 hp
Old 11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
DnwLoS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

SFBanchs,
I am the guy you spoke to at the Porsche event and we spoke about the 993TTS. What I had told you was that the sunroof did not close all the way and the CD player did not work; perhaps a sign of some electrical trouble. I also told you that the price may be too good to be true, but I felt it looked Ok, even if I was taking a pass. I ran the car for a while and it had some unusual burn smell, perhaps transmission fluid. I say that because I had the same issue with my 993TT and the bill for the repair was well over $3K... That car has been listed at least twice at eBay and it has not sold yet, unless "the doctor" bought in the last two days. To support your comments, the car looks good and the price is right for an $, no matter the miles. Definitely needs PPI before making a final decision...
It was nice meeting you at the Mandarin and certainly did not mean to cause any trouble...

Last edited by DnwLoS; 11-23-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Spelling...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:11 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DnwLoS
SFBanchs,
I am the guy you spoke to at the Porsche event and we spoke about the 993TTS. What I had told you was that the sunroof did not close all the way and the CD player did not work; perhaps a sign of some electrical trouble. I also told you that the price may be too good to be true, but I felt it looked Ok, even if I was taking a pass. I ran the car for a while and it had some unusual burn smell, perhaps transmission fluid. I say that because I had the same issue with my 993TT and the bill for the repair was well over $3K... That car has been listed at least twice at eBay and it has not sold yet, unless "the doctor" bought in the last two days. To support your comments, the car looks good and the price is right for an $, no matter the miles. Definitely needs PPI before making a final decision...
It was nice meeting you at the Mandarin and certainly did not mean to cause any trouble...
Unfortunately I believe "The Dr." is a fictitious character made up in the minds of many exotic car salesmen. There always seems to be someone else on the line just when you've become interested in a particular vehicle. At the end of the day F1 is just a good old car dealer trying to move inventory for a profit.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to my site 911flatnose.com its a crude site but lets me have photos my cars to peak at when i'm bored. scroll down along the left and you'll see the zenith blue car.

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
@spg993tt,

would love to see pictures of your zenith blue tts. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
go to my site 911flatnose.com its a crude site but lets me have photos my cars to peak at when i'm bored. scroll down along the left and you'll see the zenith blue car.
I have "peaked" while on your site many times recently. Your collection is orgasmic indeed......

Quick Reply: Very cheap Turbo S !