Sponsored by:

Successful water injection testing on a tt

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spartan - How are you measuring cylinder head temps? OBD2 or a customer sensor?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pstoppani
Spartan - How are you measuring cylinder head temps? OBD2 or a customer sensor?
We have one that I know but I have never logged it with durametric (obd2) but we should be able to. Haven't had a need to yet to be honest, I have a pretty basic safe setup as it sits. Thus my need to complicate things

Logging with ME5 is a little worthless as you know due to the its data rate limitations. However until I call geoffrey for a full motec upgrade its all i we have to work with
Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you guys ever use Toluline? (I cant spell) I used this on another turbo car I had with great results. It ups the octane level. A 55 gal drum is the most cost affective wat to buy it. And No tune needed. The cars responce is as if you were running 100 octane fuel. The computer sees great info and keeps the timing up without and detonation.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barney...I've heard it is very hard on rubber gas lines, etc....but here's more from a source smarter than me...

Toluene can be used as an octane booster in gasoline fuels used in internal combustion engines. Toluene at 86% by volume fueled all the turbo Formula 1 teams in the 1980s, first pioneered by the Honda team. The remaining 14% was a "filler" of n-heptane, to reduce the octane to meet Formula 1 fuel restrictions. Toluene at 100% can be used as a fuel for both two-stroke and four-stroke engines; however, due to the density of the fuel and other factors, the fuel does not vaporize easily unless preheated to 70 degrees Celsius (Honda accomplished this in their Formula 1 cars by routing the fuel lines through the muffler system to heat the fuel). Toluene also poses similar problems as alcohol fuels, as it eats through standard rubber fuel lines and has no lubricating properties as standard gasoline does, which can break down fuel pumps and cause upper cylinder bore wear.

Quick Reply: Successful water injection testing on a tt