Sponsored by:

My new exhaust =)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My new exhaust =)

As we continue to move forward and bring the 993TT to its original glory and then some the parts keep coming in. While I will probably have to change the configuration a little bit to accommodate the center outlet of the rear bumper. The design of the new Fabspeed system is phenomenal. What is most interesting is there are at least 6 configurations you can run with the full system because it is modular. If you look at the pictures and you are familiar with the TT exhaust you will notice that the position that the cats sit are detachable. This is so you can now run cat bypasses on the days you feel sassy. On the days you are in your Green mood you can place a set of HJC high flow racing cats in. It is quick once the system is on the car, unboltt the v-band and remove and put the bypass or the cat in and you are ready! In order to get the air to the cats the velocity is picked up by changing the heads from a flat merge design to a triangular merge. This increase velocity of the exhaust gases as it is spun through the collector. This causes an increase in TQ but also lower spool times since the air is moving quicker to the turbo. Still equipped with heat the headers will continue to provide as factory unit did but with more HP and TQ. You also can not deny they look damn good too!

On my old 993TT (rest in peace) I went through several mufflers. My thought always was why not make something small. There is no reason to have these huge cans on the car. Well look at these!! Straight through cans that are tiny yet effective from making every neighbor mad within a 2 mile radius. Oh, believe me if they are sitting on the deck having some vino they will hear you coming down the street, but inside they will never know you have made it home. As far as the experience for the driver, well if you have a 993TTyou will just have to find out yourself =) These like the rest of the system are totally modular and can be fitted with a bypass all together if you wish. Alignment of the oval tips (another signature piece from Fabspeed) is not going to be an issue as they are fitted with several v-band connections to allow movement in any direction.
Attached Images    
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

Stephen,

Am following your build with interest...

So - you are saying that the Fabspeed headers are BETTER than stock? I have heard plenty of horror stories (and experienced one myself) regarding the fit of the FS stuff - - is this a new design?

Will be keen to hear it !

Simon.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor................................................

Nope, still there
Old 08-12-2008, 11:55 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice and shinny. But how do these Fabspeed metal fit time will tell.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Simon,

The system we installed on an actual car fit very well. There are so many adjustments through the V-bands that there are many ways to adjust it. My car is not going to use all of this because of the center outlet on my bumper. What my plan is, is to cut the muffler section out and place it in where the cats or the bypasses go, turn the ends out towards the center and let it rip. I was so impressed with the first set we installed I forgot about doing the custom route and figured I will use this as a base.

At the power level I am running you will see significant improvements with headers. Again the car we had picked up more TQ and dropped 300 RPM in spool up.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stephen, you got PM

Jaime

Quick Reply: My new exhaust =)