Sponsored by:

Arena Red

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is one of the old posts:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/437896-does-anyone-know-this-car.html
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
RoadKill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To my eyes, the 993TT and Arena Red were made for each other. It seems to do the best job off showing of the curvaceous body of the 993TT, while looking rich and classy at the same time.

Last edited by RoadKill; 07-23-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 AM
lthatch
Racer

I know that this car has been discussed here, and I appreciate the concern. I have done my own due diligence, corresponding with the person who had done a long distance PPI and passed on the car based upon feedback from that inspection. Definitely raised some concerns on my part, but nothing too alarming, in my opinion.

I took my investigation a couple of steps further. I spoke at length with the previous owner, who bought the car from the original owner and had it for the past 7 years, lavishing the kind of consistent care and informed attention and expense on maintainence and upgrades that we all look for in a car like this. No, it's not a garage queen. He drove it 3k miles each year. But that's just fine with me. No tracking, regular use, knowledgeable owner, consistent, unstoried history.

I then spoke to Viper Bob, who was flown in by the PO about 1 1/2 years and 3k miles ago to "do everything that could possibly be needed", service-wise, along with some great performance enhancements. Bob was chosen and paid for because he's known for his specific knowledge and experience with these cars, not for convenience or cost-savings. Quality and staying ahead of the maintainence curve were the primary concerns.

Neither of theses individuals have any interest or reason to mislead a potential buyer. Both of them loved this particular turbo.

OK, so now the car is in the hands of a broker who I happen to know and like and have done Porsche business with in the past. If it passes a rigorous inspection, I will buy a car with a great history, relatively low miles, nicely optioned and upgraded, but having a couple of unspecified and undeserved "negative discussions" on Rennlist. I can deal with that, I guess.

Last edited by lthatch; 07-24-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
It's always been one of my favorite colors:

Since that is my car, I have to agree it is a great color
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lthatch
I know that this car has been discussed here, and I appreciate the concern. I have done my own due diligence, corresponding with the person who had done a long distance PPI and passed on the car based upon feedback from that inspection. Definitely raised some concerns on my part, but nothing too alarming, in my opinion.

I took my investigation a couple of steps further. I spoke at length with the previous owner, who bought the car from the original owner and had it for the past 7 years, lavishing the kind of consistent care and informed attention and expense on maintainence and upgrades that we all look for in a car like this. No, it's not a garage queen. He drove it 3k miles each year. But that's just fine with me. No tracking, regular use, knowledgeable owner, consistent, unstoried history.

I then spoke to Viper Bob, who was flown in by the PO about 1 1/2 years and 3k miles ago to "do everything that could possibly be needed", service-wise, along with some great performance enhancements. Bob was chosen and paid for because he's known for his specific knowledge and experience with these cars, not for convenience or cost-savings. Quality and staying ahead of the maintainence curve were the primary concerns.

Neither of theses individuals have any interest or reason to mislead a potential buyer. Both of them loved this particular turbo.

OK, so now the car is in the hands of a broker who I happen to know and like and have done Porsche business with in the past. If it passes a rigorous inspection, I will buy a car with a great history, relatively low miles, nicely optioned and upgraded, but having a couple of unspecified and undeserved "negative discussions" on Rennlist. I can deal with that, I guess.
lthatch, excellent job doing your research and due diligence. Please understand that I was not trying to "rain on your parade". Just trying to help by passing on info.

Congrats on your soon-to-be new car!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
lthatch
Racer

For personal reasons unrelated to the car, I am not going to pursue this. If anyone wants a great turbo, feel free to PM me for what I've found out.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:12 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pstoppani
Since that is my car, I have to agree it is a great color
Ha, pulled it out of my "Pictures of cars with wheels we sell" folder, hope you don't mind. Love those RE's....
Old 07-27-2008, 01:50 AM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think it is an awesome colour. It was my second choice after Arctic Silver. I still remember the very first 993TT I saw which was arena red.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:14 AM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face Kills Bugs Fast

Originally Posted by ientre9y11
I think it is an awesome colour. It was my second choice after Arctic Silver. I still remember the very first 993TT I saw which was arena red.

http://autotrend.com/pic/9536.jpg

tino
Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Bass993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like several colors in the 993TT but Arena red stands out as a top 3 choice. I'm biased now.....
Old 07-27-2008, 01:39 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Another "Ad campaign" shot from 1996, and my favorite. It was captioned "Like your own portable amusement park":
Attached Images  

Last edited by ca993twin; 07-27-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Arena Red