Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 RS Clubsport
the STEEL Donut at that junction is a Posrche #959 part#
No, it's a 993 part. And the donut between the muffler and the tip is steel as well.

Originally Posted by Full Boost
My experience with the FS stuff has been mediocre....

The tips are too small for the opening and too short and the wrong angle for modded cars. I am referring to the 1st gen ones.

If your car is stock - then there may be no issue. Modded cars are TOTALLY another issue...

FWIW - here is a pic with the resulting damage to my bumper...

Simon.
Can you post a photo from above so that we can see how far the tip protrudes past the bumper? You do seem to run them very close the bumper; I would have thought a bigger gap was in order.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simon was specifically talking about modded cars. Are these the ones I bought from you, Simon? I have had no trouble with them except that they turn brown on the outside very quickly (my motor is stock). I have polished them twice and just leave them now.

These fit fairly well, but the mufflers I bought from FS a while ago were a very poor fit. FS really did work with me trying to make me happy, but after the third set, I gave up.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimhsu
That's good to know that you don't have CEL with a 96 TT. Anything special you did with your pre and post-cat sensors? Is it still the original ECU?
You do nothing special for the install.

The deletes attach directly off the turbos.

The AWE muffler/cat deletes have provisions for the pre cat O2 sensors.

The post cat O2 sensors are not attached to the deletes. All you do is attach them to any part of the engine as to receive fresh air (limted to lenght of the wire of the post cat O2 sensor & just make sure you don't attach to any heated/exhaust part of the engine).

No change in ECU needed.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 202 Posts

Phelix,

Images attached. I should explain that the pics taken were to show bumper damage - they are NOT the FS tips.

I have attached some pics below - see both the length and angle difference? The ones i made - stick ur further and at the SAME angle as the bumper - therefore protecting it more...

Yes Tom - they are the ones i sent you - I could just NEVER get them to fit right- and once i started tracking the car.... and flames started to melt the bumper....

Simon.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Fabspeed vs FVD Muffler Bypasses?