Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oversteer stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I assume he knows what he is doing as he is a certified Porsche Master Technician. He just opened an independant shop a coupla months ago.

To be honest I'm not sure which nut he turns. Basically any way you can get a big bar onto the axel and spin it quickly seems to be the drill.

Give Mike Schatz a call at 805 987-0822, he can be more precise in the explanation.

The uprights and tie rods are RS part numbers I believe. Again, Mike should be able to get that for you, or perhaps Viper Bob.

The uprights are really cool because they raise the spindles, allowing the car to be lowered while still maintaining full suspension travel. I'll try and run over and take some pics.

Carrera GT, yes I believe you are right.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Scott, thanks for the info...

Showing my ignorance here but where do I find the "centre nut" ?
Axle nut

Can I ask how your tech knows that this is the definative test for the correct operation of the VC ? (not trying to be difficult - just want to know what the factory test procedure is, if there is one ?)

Is the best test not going to be putting the car on axle stands and sticking it in gear and trying to hang on to one of the front wheels - or am I going to get myself injured
It's a terrible idea to run a car on jack stands, let alone put it in gear and have wheels spinning. The vibration, the energy getting stored up in spinning wheels, the risk of clothing getting grabbed by a wheel. You name it. Recipe for disaster. And all you need to do is get one front wheel a quarter inch of the ground and turn it by hand.

Out of interest can you share the part numbers of the trick suspension bits you are having fitted ?
Always an interesting topic to hear about suspension tweaks.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
The uprights and tie rods are RS part numbers I believe. Again, Mike should be able to get that for you, or perhaps Viper Bob.

The uprights are really cool because they raise the spindles, allowing the car to be lowered while still maintaining full suspension travel. I'll try and run over and take some pics.
RS uprights, while expensive, are a great upgrade. You can use a "bump steer" kit and lower the car on the struts, but that doesn't improve the suspension geometry, it just brings down the ride height.

Carrera GT, yes I believe you are right.
Of course I am. About what?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

TB993TT

I sent you the part numbers sometime back together with a long list of other suspension parts. If you cannot find them let me know. You don't need them for your car.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:43 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

I was interested in those part numbers to match them up with the stuff I have on my car, it is the Weissach Turbo Sport kit which appears to be mostly Carrera RS stuff (going off the part #S)
Jean
I recall the stuff you sent me was a mixture of GT2 road/race and RS stuff, it didn't all match up with my list but probably because some of it was very race biased.

I was interested in how the plastic bushings being sold by ChrisW compare with the RS stuff as when mine wear out it would be a simpler (and cheaper) option -any guesses / opinions ?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Oh I thought you were talking about the GT2 uprights and tie rods.

I have the 993 RS arms on my car as well, and will replace them with either RS again or GT2 evo ones, I am a bit paranoid when it comes to these things and like to keep Porsche original stuff. The GT2 ones look very similar to stock as well but have different part numbers. Some of the arms are longer as well if I am not mistaken for increased camber. I need to reread about this stuff.

As to the VC, ditch it! This way you know it is not working.

Quick Reply: Oversteer stuff