SHK 993tt 570PS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mw911
Therefore, we had some fear, that the addition of a turbo s wing (generating even more downforce in the rear of the car)
Not that I'm doubting the the S wing produces more downforce but this is one of the few times I've seen this statement in print. Can you expand on where you read/heard this?
Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
mw911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phelix
Not that I'm doubting the the S wing produces more downforce but this is one of the few times I've seen this statement in print. Can you expand on where you read/heard this?

Phelix,

to be honest, we do not have clear data on that, its only a guess.

Michael
Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
mw911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jean
Hi Michael

Very interetsing thanks

Your car is really light! I did a lot to mine and I am still about 40kgs heavier than you. I also did the roof change and bought a Porsche Gt2 roof all together. It looks like you have fiberglass rear fenders? Are your doors stock?

for better comparison, would it be possible for you to send me your 3 files in raw format? This way I can customize the view and superimpose data..

The best part about your car is that you have the stock rear wing, I simply love it.

For your coast down runs, you do not need to go all the way to those high speeds, it will be better, however a 200-180kph coast down would be good too. Also it will help if you do a 40-20kph coast down and record both runs.

For the test, I simply put the car in neutral, no clutch.

Jean,

the low weight might also have to do with the fact, that the car originally was a n/a car in which a turbo engine had been transplanted. (As a transplant surgeon I do love this procedure)

So , there is no front drive systen, etc. etc.

The front hood is made of alu, the doors are not.

The fenders are normal , I even had to do an additional kevlar isolation to the rear fender, because its so near (narrow body) to the exhaust components and melted away several times before that isolation.

In the interieur, front seats are GT3 seats ,the rear seats have partially been deleted, a small roll cage (in german : Überrollbügel) has been added.

I will send you the two files as PM this evening or tomorrow evening, the last two files are extracted from one run.

Yours

Michael

PS.: By the way: I do love your car also, and that since years already. It is the best example of how one can modify the aircooled twin turbo to a really "Newton" beast (5.6 from 100 to 200 right?) using modern technology.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:09 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by phelix
As you/we know there is no data in the public domain about the ttS wing but knowing Porsche philosophy with their Aero kits one can assume it improved the lift situation whilst maintaining the existing low drag numbers - Marc Bongers states this (paraphrased) in his book

Just to reiterate on what we know, Porsche stated zero lift for stock tt at 250kph (inferring lift after that speed) when the 993tt was introduced. Sport Auto measured 17kg lift at the rear in the Merc tunnel at 200kph (they didn't measure front numbers in those days) so do we believe SA ? Probably (that is what it feels like to me anyway ) can we assume the ttS aero reduces this lift somewhat but based on my experiences not by that much when going over 170mph ? so at 250kph the ttS aero probably has still "some" lift but definately NOT positive downforce (yes I realise it is in the terminology since they are the same thing really )

Phelix,

to be honest, we do not have clear data on that, its only a guess.

Michael
Guesses by intelligent drivers who have good experience with their cars at very high speeds are certainly worth something in my book.... MOD followed me at 180mph down the airstrip and commented how my rear end was moving from side to side quite noticeably - it has always seemingly done this whatever aero I had on (but one gets used to it so it is not as scary as it looks/sounds) so I for one don't think that I have got anywhere near a zero lift setup at or over 250kph !

I am going for OEM GT2 wing next which (according to Ian Kuah) when set at its flattest position will give zero lift at the front with "some downforce" at the back (this is with OEM GT2 front splitter which it a bit different to my FVD jobbie but I'm hoping). The numbers obtained at 270kph with the 993 RSR wing set up which is pretty similar was 11.9kg rear positive downforce with the flat wing....
Old 06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
mw911
Intermediate

Hi Jean,
PM sent

Michael
Old 07-15-2008, 07:19 PM
RS38
Intermediate

Michael, where are you from? (in germany)

PN?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

RS38, mw911

I will be in Germany July 25th-30th exclusively for car/racing related stuff, I would love to see some of these beasts in action.

RS38, you obviously seem to be close to 9FF, seeing that 993TT in person would be very interesting. I will be shuttling between Nurburgring and Hannover, passing by Verl at Konrad Motorsports so Dortmund (9FF) is on my way.

Let me know if this is feasible.
Cheers
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
mw911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jean
RS38, mw911

I will be in Germany July 25th-30th exclusively for car/racing related stuff, I would love to see some of these beasts in action.

RS38, you obviously seem to be close to 9FF, seeing that 993TT in person would be very interesting. I will be shuttling between Nurburgring and Hannover, passing by Verl at Konrad Motorsports so Dortmund (9FF) is on my way.

Let me know if this is feasible.
Cheers
Dear Jean,

PM sent

Yours

Michael
Old 07-20-2008, 05:23 AM
mw911
Intermediate

[QUOTE=TB993tt;5557373]Michael, thankyou for sharing

Your acceleration is strong, 0-300kph in low 28s superb... I would love it if you could do a "coast down" run from high speed say 250+ to 180kph and let our gurus Jean/Juha crunch your aerodynamic data to see what improvements you have been able to make ?

Dear Jean,
via E-Mail I did sent You two files containing 2 different "coast down" runs (same part of the autobahn, first with tail-wind, second in the opposite direction, thus with head-wind), which I did this morning.

I wish you a great time on the nuerburgring next week

Michael
Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 AM
mw911
Intermediate

Default new boost hoses

I guess some of you would be interested in the following:

Having experienced multiple "pop offs" of my boost hoses at high peak boost I (and multiple other customers) convinced the SHK people to provide us with modified boost hoses.
These are made by the same manufacturer as the OEM ones but LONGER and with additional enforcements at the lower end (to eliminate the lower end popping off, which is, however, rare).
The theory is, that these hoses can be mounted with virtually no tension thus making "pop off" more unlikely.

At least fitment was perfect....

See the pictures attached

Michael
Attached Images           
Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Ziad
Rennlist Member

Michael,

I'm interested. How much are they going for please?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
mw911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ziad
Michael,

I'm interested. How much are they going for please?

Thanks
Hello Ziad

PM sent

Michael
Old 01-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Ok,

Me too i spose...

Thanks\
Simon.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:32 AM
mw911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Ok,

Me too i spose...

Thanks\
Simon.
OK, of course...

Michael
Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

The theory is, that these hoses can be mounted with virtually no tension thus making "pop off" more unlikely.

At least fitment was perfect....

See the pictures attached

Michael
A big help to this pop-off issue would also be replacing those mickey-mouse hose clamps with something beefier.

Pete

Last edited by pete95zhn; 01-27-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply: SHK 993tt 570PS