Sponsored by:

GT2 fender install question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT2 fender install question

Can some PLEASE send me some detailed pictures of the inner and outer fender extensions on a GT2. My body shop is having a few issues with fitting the fender extensions and knowing where to cut. On another note, I know Porsche didn’t put splash shields in the wheel wells but does anyone have any suggestions on this issue.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by biiig-hp
Can some PLEASE send me some detailed pictures of the inner and outer fender extensions on a GT2. My body shop is having a few issues with fitting the fender extensions and knowing where to cut. On another note, I know Porsche didn’t put splash shields in the wheel wells but does anyone have any suggestions on this issue.
I can't help you with where to cut etc but can confirm that for the road cars Porsche did make some special "covers for wheel housings" for the GT2 see below....no doubt Graeme's has some special EVO version
On my FVD kit, because of the size of and positioning of the flares (ie slightly narrower than factory) the existing wheel housings/liners had to be modified to fit by extending the outer edges and then putting a runner gasket around the outer edge.
The wheel housings are important, particularly at the front for directing the airflow away from the tyre at high speed.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
graeme36s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot help with how far to cut the wings back but all the GT2's (not sure about the race cars) had the inner splash guards or wheel arch protectors. TB993tt you are a cheeky bu**er. Evo's were apparently fitted with lighter weight plastic versions to make up for the electric windows
Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TB, Thanks a bunch! I was not aware they had inner liners. The body shop has the flairs taped onto the car and it just doesn’t look like it will look right when it`s done. Those part numbers help me out in a huge way. I`m having Simon at Jasmine price them out for me.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:46 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by graeme36s
Evo's were apparently fitted with lighter weight plastic versions to make up for the electric windows
I knew it.......

Like I said my bodyshop fabbed up the existing liners (since I didn't have the above GT2 "Technische Information" when I did mine) but I guess if you buy the real GT2 items then postion the flares so the liners fit exactly right then you will automatically get the correct postion for the flares ?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

rear fender liners no longer available...was able to get the front ones.

To fit the rear fender flares mount the wheels you will run first. You can move flare plus/minus 1/2 inch to make a perfect match.

Quick Reply: GT2 fender install question