Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see some pics of remote reservoir locations (motons)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Let's see some pics of remote reservoir locations (motons)

Going to be installing my Moton clubsports in a week or so and would love to see some pics of where you guys put the remote reservoirs in the car. The fronts seem to be easy with all the room in the trunk but what about the rears? Pics would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

I have yet to install mine, so I, too, would be interested in seeing where others mounted the rear cans?

I presume mounting to the roll bar aft legs. I may whip-up some billet ally mounts for the front to strut bar, rear to roll bar.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

I was thinking on the rear roll cage assembly as well but would like to see some pics for sure. I've seen a few places that sell the mounts
Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Spartan, I have my remote reservoirs laid on the center tunnel between the ex-rear seats, in a very ..err.. spartan way, but it is very effective as they are handy.

Downside is having to clear the crowd on the track, as they think these are nitrous bottles.

I will post pics tomorrow during the day.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had mine mounted in multiple locations both front and back...can't seem to make up my mind how I like them best.
On the back I had them zip tied then stainless clamped on a bracket made that went from one seat belt bolt to the other on each side of the central bump, had them on pointing to the sideways from side to side and also pointing in up along the length of the car. I've posed a pic previously. Now, they are just on my roll bar rear vertical on each side.
The front ones are on a strut brace, had them on top, and currently hanging below the strut brace by stainless clamps.

I get asked if they are nitrous bottles all the time too.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Cool thanks Jean. Having them be in an accessible place is important for sure. Also please feel free to include any other pictures of your beautiful car!! lol
Old 02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I've seen pic of resovoirs in the engine bay (prob not ideal d/t heat), seen them under the car mounted by the transmission (not very convenient).
Old 02-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
I've seen pic of resovoirs in the engine bay (prob not ideal d/t heat), seen them under the car mounted by the transmission (not very convenient).
Yeah no way I'd put them in those locations. WAY too many good spots on the 993 platform to put them in. You can do it if you have to but I don't see the need with this car.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Spartan, just snatched a picture.

This is the non-roll cage/roll bar setup that I have, not much of a "setup", but they don't move, and I have quick access to them.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the pic Jean!

Don't the motons canisters have a quick disconnect connection to them?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

People really do put them in the engine bay - Mark In Baltimore for example. I don't think he has any issues with it.

One issue with going inside the car is that I believe you have to cut a huge hold to bring the canister through. I've heard you can disconnect it temporarily, but I've also heard that's a bad idea.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric

One issue with going inside the car is that I believe you have to cut a huge hold to bring the canister through. I've heard you can disconnect it temporarily, but I've also heard that's a bad idea.
That was my question about the quick disconnect. I dont want to have to cut a huge hole in the car Unless its a speed hole of course, I have those all over the hood!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
People really do put them in the engine bay - Mark In Baltimore for example. I don't think he has any issues with it.

Eric beat me to it. Yup, mine are mounted above the engine. There is so much air going in that area that the cans never get hot. After each run, I lift the decklid to prevent heat soak. If I do not lift the lid, then the canisters can get hot.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Got a pic of the location Mark?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

I do not, but they're located just above the engine near the opening so that there is access to the adjustment ***** and the fill valve.

Quick Reply: Let's see some pics of remote reservoir locations (motons)