Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

twin front mocal oil cooler with fan diy

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 11:36 PM
tacker
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice work. I need to do the same but I did add the the bypass switch. Seams to keep temps in check when at the track(20 min sessions) in Texas summer.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:40 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
Only comment would be that sometimes if the temp valve opens while cruising on the hwy, I think the temp may drop too low, it would be nice to have a way of controlling that valve or a way to use one cooler at times, but that may be getting too complicated.
What if you find something to bag or block one of the coolers like truckers do to their grills during winters with fabric?

A piece of cardboard or wife's favorite apron is probably not a good idea.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:07 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
What if you find something to bag or block one of the coolers like truckers do to their grills during winters with fabric?

A piece of cardboard or wife's favorite apron is probably not a good idea.
That's a good idea. I can make a piece out of carbon fiber that I can cover one of th coolers when I'm driving around on the street then take it off when I'm at the track!
Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
That's a good idea. I can make a piece out of carbon fiber that I can cover one of th coolers when I'm driving around on the street then take it off when I'm at the track!
If oil gets too hot with the new cover, you can always punch hole(s) to let as much air as you want to the 2nd cooler to have..

Share pic..
Old 05-16-2015, 06:11 PM
jevvy964
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the mocal + fittings internal diameter like? i wonder if there are any negative aspects to this? route?

http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhan...hoilcooler.htm
Old 05-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jevvy964
whats the mocal + fittings internal diameter like? i wonder if there are any negative aspects to this? route?

http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhan...hoilcooler.htm
Well I guess I'm the guine pig, so far seems fine after many years/track days. Afaik, the front cooler gets added as a parallel circuit, and it is normally closed, so opening it regardless of the restriction shouldn't matter. At least I think that was my rational 7 years ago (I fussed about 90 degree bends etc at the time but more I thought about it and studied the flow diagrams, I concluded it didn't matter and was willing to do this to my car) ...

Quick Reply: twin front mocal oil cooler with fan diy