Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official NYCSatMornStarbucksCoffeeRunBecauseWeLoveOurTTClub

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exhaust is Fabspeed mufflers and the Cat delete pipes..YES NO CATS....Thats why its sounds loud. The mufflers alone sound as quiet as stock.
Thanks for the compliments, Fabspeed products are not just bolt on. I had to send the Cat delete pipes back 2 times because they would not fit. I finally had a friend re-work the pipes to make them fit. I'm glad I stuck it out because they do sound good.
I have heard if you go to Fabspeed they will install the system at there shop and if there is any problems they will be able to correct them on sight.

Oh and I'm 44 going on 17.. My 14 year old son is just waiting for the keys..
Old 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barney1
The exhaust is Fabspeed mufflers and the Cat delete pipes..YES NO CATS....Thats why its sounds loud. The mufflers alone sound as quiet as stock.
Thanks for the compliments, Fabspeed products are not just bolt on. I had to send the Cat delete pipes back 2 times because they would not fit. I finally had a friend re-work the pipes to make them fit. I'm glad I stuck it out because they do sound good.
I have heard if you go to Fabspeed they will install the system at there shop and if there is any problems they will be able to correct them on sight.

At our next meet, can't wait to compare your setup with my AWE pipes.....
Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah...my TT came with a GHL exhaust.

I previously had a 2003 996 C2 that I went through many exhausts with before I found the right one. Which was the GHL exhaust loud version. It sounded like a GT3 cup car on the track I loved it.

The GHL exhaust on the 993TT sounds AWESOME at warm up, pretty loud, nice burbble and occasional pops. It quiets down when warmed up and I'd say I'm happy with it, excep it is rather quiet in the drivers seat. I was thinking about ordering the GHL muffler bypass pipes and reusing my GHL tips but I was afraid it might be TOO loud...any thoughts? It's been a month since I fired it up so at this point I can't remember what it sounds like just that it was nice outside the car idling, but too quiet inside the car.

I won't go the cat bypass route but the performance gain of going cat bypass vs muffler bypass makes me want to!

I turned 30 back in October('07). Married, no kids(yet). At the Porsche Club DE and Autox events I attended with my 996 I was always the youngest unless someone brought their kid, but I make due. =) Looking forward to meeting y'all when it warms up
Old 01-13-2008, 10:54 AM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

I attended with my 996 I was always the youngest unless someone brought their kid, but I make due. =) Looking forward to meeting y'all when it warms up
I know how you feel i was the youngest by far at the last PCA event most didn't believe i had a TT especially since i was in high school when it came out
Old 01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
I turned 30 back in October('07). Married, no kids(yet). At the Porsche Club DE and Autox events I attended with my 996 I was always the youngest unless someone brought their kid, but I make due. =) Looking forward to meeting y'all when it warms up
Don't worry about it. I was the youngest there (younger than you), and my mom the oldest (older than you). So you won't be on either side.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:53 AM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

hey fellas,

just wanted to say hi......I randomly met Barney at an auto parts store this weekend while looking for some bulbs for my 96 993TT and he told me about your little club....looks cool, can't wait to add another car to the next meet

neil

96 993TT Midnight Blue/Flamenco Red w/ Carbon Fiber
Old 01-15-2008, 09:56 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, it'll be interesting to see the blue/red combo. Welcome aboard!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by canysmc
At our next meet, can't wait to compare your setup with my AWE pipes.....
ur running the AWE pipes on the street?? I feel like a menace to society when I do that...

Do you have any other mods to go with those pipes (hybrids/programming??)
Old 01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Hea Neil....welcome. looks loke we will meet again on 2/12/08 if the weather holds out.
Nice to meet you.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:40 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DM993tt
ur running the AWE pipes on the street?? I feel like a menace to society when I do that...

Do you have any other mods to go with those pipes (hybrids/programming??)
I went from the Fabspeed Muffler Bypass to the AWE Bypasses.
No other mods to the engine.

When driving around locally, you gotta be gentle on the throttle.....
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Hea Neil....welcome. looks loke we will meet again on 2/12/08 if the weather holds out.
Nice to meet you.

thanks for the welcome........i also thought you might be interested to know that I am in the tire business so if you guys need some tires, i would be happy to hook you up at cost. my company is relatively big with Michelin (which includes BFGoodrich) so I can get the best pricing on those brands, however, i can get almost anything you might want. ( also, i do have a wholesale account with tire rack so i can get you anything from there as well (not just tires).
Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Woah! I think lots of us will be making good friends with Neil!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 AM
930chas
Instructor

Neil...you are going to be REAL POPULAR!!!

Seriously, though, that is really thoughtful and a great offer.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
badabing
Rennlist Member

well, i have only known about this place for like 3 days now and i already have found so much helpful info (like the bulb thats has been out in my tach/obc for like 5 years can be replaced without buying a whole new tach for $1,400(like the dealer told me) so i wanted to contribute something back.............

just don't ask me what the "best" tires are because honestly, i have no idea .........lol
Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 127 Posts

Yea, Just think.. in 1996 that was $300.000 worth of cars.
Still is over 200k.

Nice cars.

Quick Reply: The Official NYCSatMornStarbucksCoffeeRunBecauseWeLoveOurTTClub