UMW LWF

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMW LWF

Recently had Kevin's LWF and clutch assembly installed and can't say enough good about it. I was having slippage problems from the get go with my Andial conversion, so Kevin suggested the upgraded clamping springs for the pressure plate. I had some concerns about the streetability, but can assure you that it operates just like a stock clutch in every respect! The power assist evidently masks the heavy spring pressure and engagement is very smooth. Idle characteristics are fine and I can't detect any unusual noises. There isn't any reason not to go with this setup for a street car.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:40 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good product. Is the pressure plate itself different than stock?
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

this will be my next mod when i burn my current setup. Thanks for the writeup I am sure Kevin thanks you as well
Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don,

I also have UMF/LWF setup in my TT (had it done when we met 2 years ago, Don) And afterward, I couldn't detect any of the Chattering noise, stalling, or any difference engaging... it's definitely a nice set up.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Don Thanks.. Tony, the pressure plate that Don has installed, is a little different from yours. It is reinforced to add more clamp force. It is needed with the added torque output of his 3.8ltr.

However, as Don might add, there is alot of misconceptions in this industry when it comes to clutches. The prior conversations and time it took to try to figure out what Don actually had in his car without actually seeing the components.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:56 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Kevin,

The previous owner on Rufus had a LWF installed at the time of the Ruf conversion. He claimed it stalled on offramps after freeway cruising, and had it replaced with the factory dual mass. I have all the very slightly used parts in a box, but wonder if you know any reason why a LWF assembly might not work so well with the RUF? Or was there just a lack of understanding on how to adjust the ISV or something simple? I'l like to install this kit someday if there is no intrinsic issue.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Steve it comes down to your programming also. A stock ECU and one with a good ECU program should not have ANY issues with stalls.

Quick Reply: UMW LWF